23 August 2012

HAZELS' MESS IN THE KITCHEN

If you haven't already guessed I adore anything strawberry, so you can imagine my delight to find that Woolworth's have savings on their punnets of Strawberries.....yum yum...They have a few different options but an 800gr punnet for R28.99... is great value!






I must confess I am no "Domestic Goddess" in the kitchen and even reading and attempting a few recipes from Nigella's Lawson's Domestic Goddess book didn't turn me into one either, so I resort to simple fail proof recipes....no rocket science needed!

"Hazel's Mess" is my aptly named, simplified adaptation of the traditional well know Eton Mess...

Are you ready for this....I did warn you it was simple:




Wash,
Hull and quarter the strawberries
     Whip a carton of single cream or if whipping is too much effort then buy a carton of double cream
                          Break up shop bought meringues but keep as reasonably large chunks
                                                      Add all these ingredients into a bowl and mix
                                           Transfer into nice individual bowls or glasses and serve

You can use any type of fresh seasonal fruit and you can sweeten to taste... 
so just throw anything in and create your own 
"Mess" and enjoy!




Ok! that was exhausting.....
I am off for a rest now, as there is too much mess in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment