We have covered fragrance "Past its Best" in an earlier blog
Here are some tips for keeping your fragrance
"At its Best"
The 3 main "enemies" of your favourite "smellies" are heat, sunlight and air...
- Do not leave your fragrance in direct sunlight as the sun will affect the chemistry of the fragrance and it will soon change colour and deteriorate.
- Do not leave in the bathroom or store it in a bathroom cupboard, especially if your bathroom becomes very hot and steamy.
- Always keep it in a cool dark place and if need be keep it in the original box.
- Fridges are not ideal as this can distort the true fragrance.
- The only fragrance that I would recommend to be stored in the fridge would be an Eau de Cologne as the cooling effect can be wonderful on those hot sunny days.
- Always keep the lid on the atomiser and the cap screwed on tightly if its a bottle.
- Fragrances in dark bottles will keep longer than those fragrances sold in clear bottles.
- Never leave fragrance in your car, as even on a cool day the inside temperature is not conducive to keeping your fragrance "At its Best".
Remember to use your fragrance daily