13 October 2012

MY LEGAL FRIDAY HIGHS


My Friday was made really special today, due to meeting up with two friends, both old and new....Firstly I had an "out of the blue" call from an old work colleague and friend Debbie, who is also the trainer for the French skincare brand... Guinot.
Debbie and I have know each other for 23 years, as she reminded me today, and even though she now lives in Johannesburg and we rarely get to see each other... we had absolutely no problem picking up where we last left off. Shew! after lots of chatter, chatter, chatter and so much exchanging of information, it was time for her to leave....

My next social "get together" which was pre arranged, was with my new friend Genevieve who was over from the States visiting her family in Durban.We met in Cape Town at a Stuttafords/Glossybox event earlier this year, where we spent the whole afternoon chatting away and became friends from then.....It was great to catch up on all the news of her life and career in the USA.

As you can imagine, I was in my element, as I always enjoy a good "natter" and for me its my legal "High".

Later l was given a "mani" using all my newly purchased Trind nail care "goodies" which I am just sooooo.... enjoying.... and my nails look great! My third "high" for the day.




For those that know me well, know that I love reading magazines, but I am not an avid reader of Fiction....I don't seem to be able to visualise the characters in the book....as you can imagine, reading a novel presents me with more than a couple of problems....maybe any phsycologists out there can tell me what my problem is.......then again, maybe that's not a good idea...lol.

As I walked past Exclusive books in Gateway, I spot a display of the new Nigella Lawson cookery book "Nigellissima" alongside a stack of  the erotic novel "Fifty Shades of Grey",so I flipped through the pages of both.


                                                                      


I must be the only person on the planet that has not read the book "Fifty Shades of Grey". 
I stood at the front of Exclusive Books with "Cooking" in the one hand and "Erotica" in the other..."Cooking" or "Erotica"....which should I buy? 
Oh my what a dilemma....I finally decided after much "ping ponging" from one hand to the other hand, on the Fifty Shades of Grey......the words "Romantic, liberating and totally addictive" sold me on the book. 
I felt quite elated that I had taken this decision.....and this was yet another "high" in my so far, good day.....

The cherry on the top was the fact that I didn't even have to cook dinner, as I got take aways from Indian Summer, which in my opinion serve the best Indian food in the Durban area.........

Well! what more can I say? other than, I thoroughly enjoyed all of "My Friday Highs" and many thanks to those that made it possible....credit roll..

Debbie
Genevieve
Trind
Fifty Shades of Grey
Indian Summer





No comments:

Post a Comment