1 May 2013

POSTICINO RISTORANTE {REVIEW}




I cannot tell you how many times, over the past few years, I have driven past Posticino Restaurant in Sea Point, Cape Town and always thought "I must try that place sometime"....well that "sometime" finally came last night.
The Owners Gioacchino and Enrico (Jack and Eric), have created a great, friendly, relaxed family restaurant that has stood the test of time (15yrs) and has built up both a local and international band of satisfied, faithful followers....

The restaurant sits along side the Main road in Sea Point and has a spacious patio area, which is great to sit out under the shade of the many umbrellas, either for a casual lunch or on a warm summers evening for dinner. There are also tables inside the typical Italian mural painted walled restaurant.






The menu has all the usual Italian fayre, but it was their Pizza that I was particularly interested in, as I love a good Italian Pizza. The "yummy" thin based pizzas are deliciously crisp and cooked to perfection thanks to their wood burning oven. They have a good Pizza selection,but you can literally create your own, as they have a great choice of extra toppings. 

I ordered the Porchetta – basic, bacon, avocado and added feta cheese. 
The pizza did not disappoint and I would go as far to say, that it was one of the best that I have tasted in a longtime. 
(Sorry for no visual, but I couldn't wait to tuck into my pizza that I forgot to take a piccy)

They also have the usual selection of salads, but what I liked, was the fact that each salad is available in small (serves 1), medium (serves 2) or large (serves 4)portions.

For my next visit, which will hopefully be very soon, I have "eyed" their Veal Marsala, which comes highly recommended and is a firm favourite with their regulars. Some of my friends ordered different pasta dishes, which I just had to sample and my "fave" was the butternut Ravioli...maybe that can be my choice for my third visit.... 

The service was quick and efficient and the prices were the norm for Italian dining. 
A word of warning: booking is highly advisable, as this restaurant is very popular....

Would I go back again and would I recommend...most definitely, but I only have seven more days left of my stay in Cape Town before returning to Durbs.
I wished now, that I had not driven past so many times over the years, as I have been missing out on this them "gem" of an Italian eatery...sad face!







Telephone: 021 439 4014 or 021 439 3974
Opening Hours: Daily from 12:30pm til late evening

No comments:

Post a Comment