19 July 2014

BLENDED - MOVIE REVIEW


"Feel good" romantic movies are the ones I enjoy watching, as I like to come away feeling all warm and fuzzy. I am not into the violent,futuristic or scary offerings that are generally out there. Blended starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore on the circuit at the moment, is my kinda movie and I highly recommend. However I must make mention that the opinions of the Movie Buffs differ to mine, yet those leaving the cinema on Thursday all had good things to say and had a few tears of happiness just like me....

This is the third romantic movie collaboration between Sandler and Barrymore and having not seen the previous two movies The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates I cannot comment, but what I can comment on, is the obvious on screen chemistry that these two actors have. This connection only enhances the overall movie enjoyment.

Lauren Reynolds (Drew Barrymore), a divorcee, who has two sons and meets Jim Friedman (Adam Sandler), a widower with three daughters on a blind date, which doesn't go too well. Not to divulge too much of the plot the movie takes us to South Africa where both families are unaware that the other is there on the same holiday. Filmed in Sun City at the Palace of the Lost City, this movie has a definite connection with any South African or those knowing South Africa well. I found this movie to be somewhat corny at times , but it just added to the humour of this family movie, so I can understand how some reviewers would think the acting is bad, but I enjoyed it even though it won't be up for any Oscars.


I don't normally do movie reviews, but this one does have a connection to beauty, as home grown Durban actress Josette Eales from the South African soapie "The Wild" makes an appearance as the Afrikaans massage tutor and Josettes' mother Jennifer Eales is a doyenne on the South African Beauty scene.



The beautiful South African Josette Eales

No comments:

Post a Comment