17 July 2014

STER-KINEKOR - CINE PRESTIGE



I did something this morning that I have never done in my entire "50" something years, now don't laugh, as its most probably no biggie for anyone else but me... I was offered two complimentary tickets 
(Thanks to Fay from thesparklinglabyrinth) to view the premiere of the movie "Chef" at
 Cine Prestige at Ster-Kinekor Gateway....and the problem being you may well ask? 
As a workaholic, 10am on a Thursday would normally have been a "no no", but I threw caution to the wind and abandoned my work and accepted the tickets.
 I took along the youngest "Kiddiewink" (15yrs old) and surprise, surprise he didn't mind coming along with his mum (perhaps the offer of a Wimpy breakfast before this early movie swung it).
I think at this point I need to mention to you, that I am not a regular movie goer and never have been, as I prefer to wait for a movie to come out on DVD and watch in the comfort of my own home, usually in my PJ's and laid out on the couch or in my bed with snacks and drinks at hand. However I had heard that Cine Prestige was a different and luxurious kind of movie experience and I was curious.

The Cine Prestige has its own "Prestige" private lounge where you can sit very comfortably away from the normal foyer madness and meet up with friends before or after a movie. All the usual chocolates, cool drinks and popcorn are available to buy along with muffins and coffees etc. 

Exclusive Cine Prestige Lounge

The calm of the lounge


Ster-Kinekor flagship site at Gateway has two Cine Prestige cinemas and are 3D-enabled, the screens can accommodate any new title that is released in this format.The cinemas are equipped with the latest digital projector technology and quality surround-sound speaker systems, providing viewers with the latest in cinema technology. 

Moi relaxing and ready to recline

Comprising of 39 seats each and you are seated in very comfortable, large, reclining red leather seats, with a personal snack side table...very handy. Another unique "Prestige" experience is that you can pre order platters of food and drinks and they will be served to you in your seat.


A selection of foods and platters to suit all tastes

For the "Love Birds" there are several seats that don't have the middle arm rest, so if you are looking to do something romantic and different for your loved one, book the Love Nest seat,wine and some platters.

Unfortunately the movie was changed at the last minute from the Chef to the movie Blended, due to the coding not being received for the Chef movie. (More about the Blended movie in a future post)

What I can say..is the Cine Prestige experience was luxurious and enjoyable, even though it comes at a premium price R110 per ticket (discounts apply with cards) it will make going out to the movies more enticing especially for the likes of Moi, as it really was like being in the comfort of your own home,but with the large screen movie experience.It seems like more visits to the Cine Prestige will be on the cards in the future with hubby and I think I will book the love nest seat and the chocolate dipping platter, just a pity I can't wear my PJ's.

Check the Ster-Kinekor website for more details






No comments:

Post a Comment