17 August 2014

SUNDAY SAMPLE - SILVER RAIN EDP {REVIEW}

Silver Rain

Silver Rain was the first fragrance that the Swiss skincare house La Prairie launched back in 2005.
Silver Rain creators were inspired by the phenomenon that takes place in spring in the mountains of the Swiss Alps. Rain is transformed into ice crystals of breathtaking beauty. In the spring these crystals melt and fall from a height of 1000 feet and is called 
“ silver rain”.
Back in 2005 I worked for La Prairie and it was an exciting launch, as the packaging
 was a beautiful sculpted gleaming silver raindrop and in my opinion still 
remains on my top 10 list of exquisite bottles. 
The fragrance itself was also unique for its time, as it did not transition on the skin 
from the top note through to the base note, but remained the same throughout. 
This modern woody floral fragrance is a sensual combination of roots, herbs and flowers that are both rare and costly. 
This elegant and complex fragrance was expensive back then and it remains so 
today at R1740 for a 50ml Eau de Parfum spray.
Not in everyone's price range I know, but non the less, sells well and has its loyal followers. 
It was one of my favourites for several years and I have two empty bottles on display in my bathroom and they still look beautiful today with no corrosion or tarnishing,which considering I live at the coast, only goes to show that the bottles are lasting pieces of artwork.
I was given a sample of Silver Rain recently and was excited to re visit my
 once fragrance of choice,but unfortunately I have evolved with regards to 
my fragrance preference and Silver Rain sadly just didn't do it for me anymore.
I found it to be too heavy despite having some of my "fave" ingredients like Vanilla,Verbena,Rose and Bergamot Zest. 
This only goes to show how our tastes change and for me the Jasmine and the Gardenia were too prominent, so remember that a fragrance we enjoyed in our 20's 
may not the be same type or classification as the ones we will necessarily enjoy in our 30's, 40's or even 50's as in my case.
Notes
Crisp Green Apple, Verbena Flower, Dewfruit Berry, Anise Seed, Crushed Coriander, Bergamot Zest
Gardenia Tuberose Blossom, Red Rose Petal, Juicy Plum, Star Magnolia, Night Blooming Jasmine, Crystallised Sugar Accord
Patchouli Leaves, Heliotrope Flower, Rare Agarwood, Rich Musk, Red Sandalwood, Creamy Tonka Bean, Vanilla Infusion
Available from La Prairie counters at selected Edgars.

No comments:

Post a Comment