19 October 2014

SUNDAY SKETCHES - FRENCH MACARONS

 This weeks Sunday Sketch post focuses on French Macarons and the most 
famous in the world are the ones from Ladurée . 
On my recent trip to Paris I paid a visit to its flagship store on the Champs Élysée. 
However with our poor Rand these beautiful pastel, sweet delights were, to say the least, expensive. Luckily they don't rely on South African trade, as it was extremely busy...
in fact busy would be an understatement, as there were queues to enter the shop, queues to choose and buy the macarons and there were even longer queues to go into their restaurant. 
I had to be content with just looking and taking photos before moving on to my next Paris landmark, but I couldn't help noticing a beautifully served Hot Chocolate being taken to a table...mmm definitely on my next trip I must make time to experience the 
Hot Choc and a pink macaron.
Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. Love this post!! My dream is to have a afternoon tea party at Laduree. The macarons and their table settings are so pretty. ;-))))

    ReplyDelete