12 November 2014

MY "KIDDIEWINK" TURNS 21

Well...I suppose the time has come to stop referring to my eldest son
 as a "Kiddiewink" on my blog. 
Twenty one years ago today at around 4pm I met my first Kiddiewink face to face.
 If he had his way we would have met 7 weeks earlier,but after a week in hospital hooked up to machines he was allowed to make his entrance into the world. 
My original due date was 25th December, but I got my gift of a 2.2kg bundle of joy early.
 It is true that no one can prepare you for all the emotions that you will feel and whilst I had a trouble free and enjoyable pregnancy, the ending was not what was scripted. 
Despite my unborns' impatience to make his appearance the outcome was all good. 
I had total confidence in my Gyny and the hospital staff and despite my week of monitoring, Kiddiewinks two weeks in high care and another week in intensive care I was finally allowed to take Lee home.
My only wobbly was when I left the hospital after a week "sans" my bundle. 
This is the part where the script got changed.The nursery was ready, but only just. (I had my baby shower on the Saturday prior to being admitted on the Monday) and that's when I burst into tears. 
I left the hospital empty handed to begin a three week, twice daily, one and a half hour round trip back to the hospital to feed, bath and bond with my baby. 
That was an exhausting 3 weeks both mentally, emotionally and physically. 
I was so lucky to finally bring home a healthy baby boy that today turns 21....

Happy 21st Birthday Lee
You will always be my eldest "Kiddiewink" that we love so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment