9 January 2015

MY HIGHLIGHTS OF 2014

2014 is all but forgotten and it seems like 2015 is well under way for the majority, but I was thinking back to some of the highlights for Beauty Shout Box over the past year. 
My "beauty and anything nice blog" is now into its third year of existence and stats show that most blogs fail within the first 12 months, so I suppose I am doing well, as I'm still standing on my box shouting about beauty and all things related.
I feel that I have matured with regards to what I write about and products that I accept from the different companies. Last year saw me turn down and refuse several offers of "freebies"... 
Yes I know its great to get free goodies, but there is a pressure attached in the form of a follow up post,Vlog , mentions on Twitter/instagram and facebook.
 I will now only accept and review products that suit me, my blog and of course you my readers.

Below are some of "My Highlights of 2014"


~~~~~~


One of the real highlights of 2014 was a post I wrote about Christian Louboutins launch of his nail polish collection. The post itself was just an informative write up and not a review, but it's what happened after I posted an untagged link to my article on Twitter that was so special.
 I know this may not seem exciting to some, but it was to me... 
Out in "Twitter World" it got re tweeted by several followers and the next thing Christian Louboutin re tweeted my link to 1.392 million of their followers.
Now I know it's not the man himself but for me, it was as good as....






~~~~~~



Several products stood out in 2014 and I know this product is "High End", but it really impressed me and as I have said before, being a more mature blogger I am not "easily impressed", especially as I have been in the beauty industry for over 35 years, so it takes something really special...



La Prairie Cellular Mineral Exfoliator Face


The Swiss Skincare and Body range La Prairie launched a range of 
Cellular Mineral Exfoliators in 2014 and I was lucky enough to try both the body and face versions. Now as you know I am a great believer in weekly exfoliation as it is, in my opinion, a vital step in anyones beauty regime regardless of age or skin type/condition and this La Prairie Cellular Mineral Face Exfoliator was SPECIAL.


To read my full Review




~~~~~~



Not one to use any type of eyeliner or pencil on my upper eyelid, this past year I was introduced to the Clarins 3 Dot Eye Liner and you've guessed it...eyeliner now appears alongside both my upper and lower lashes and I have not looked back.
I still have my off days with "wiggly" lines but on the whole I'm now pretty good at joining the dots.



Clarins 3 Dot Liner



To read my full review





~~~~~~



This L'Occitane product stood out for me in 2014 as it really does work and for me it's a "must have"
to help aid sleep through it's calming and relaxing effect.


L'Occitane Aromachologie Relaxing Pillow Mist

To read my full review

Aromachologie Relaxing Pillow Mist Review



~~~~~~



Travel was a highlight for me in 2014 with a trip to the UK,France
 and of course everyones love, PARIS.
As always, I came away both physically and mentally exhausted, there is so much to take in 
and as a beauty blogger it was a sensory and visual overload, 
which at times was overwhelming. 

What I did come away with were many "foodie" highlights along with a few extra kgs and I ain't talking about the luggage type!




To read about some of my Holiday adventures






~~~~~~


Now onto drink and 2014 saw the launch in South Africa of the Swedish pear cider 
Rekorderlig and I fell in love with their Mixed Berry flavour. 
Prior to its launch I was introduced to this "drinkie" at the PicknPay Taste of Durban, which happened to be another highlight of 2014. I will definitely be attending the PicknPay Taste Of Durban 2015 and I suggest all "foodie and drinkie" lovers to do the same, 
as you won't be disappointed .



Rekorderlig Swedish Pear Cider
'

To read my full reviews





~~~~~~


This next Highlight of 2014 really pushed me way out of my comfort zone, as I did my first Vlog. 
Even though I'm a chatterbox and I'm never stuck for words, this Vlog was positively nerve wracking, but I did it and I am very proud of it, as it has received nearly 4000 views. 
To many beauty vloggers that number is most probably pathetic, but it sounds good to me, especially as I really wasn't expecting more than a handful of people to watch it.






~~~~~~



Just to round off My Highlights of 2014 
I have to thank those beauty houses that I have built up great relationships with over the past year and long may they continue to be beautiful throughout 
2015



1 comment:

  1. Great highlights. I see a lot of blogs have done this kind of post...

    ReplyDelete