18 February 2015

AFRICOLOGY BODY BUTTER {REVIEW}


Africology 

is a South African skincare and Spa brand that has been around for some 10 years now, but unfortunately has never really made it onto my radar, 
that was until I received a generous 25 ml size of their Body Butter in January's Rubybox. 


Rubybox


My interest was piqued, as soon as I unscrewed the lid and the fragrance of the product grabbed my attention immediately, as for me...it had that "spa in a jar" smell, which I adore. 
I did some research about the brand online and their story is best told in their own words....



THEIR STORY

We want to share our story with you, how we grew to feature in some of the best hotels/spa’s in the world though we started in a kitchen in Johannesburg. We had humble beginnings, a beginning that was forged when experience met vision and initiative was taken when presented.
Our CEO Renchia Droganis, had worked with many victims of apartheid, trying to heal their pain through counselling and self-empowerment exercises. This experience, coupled with Renchia’s experience as a massage therapist and Aroma-therapist lead her to the truth that it was time to create something that would help people without harming, something that was kind and holistic to the earth, something that was free from deceit and this something was Africology.
Africology is the leading natural, eco-friendly and holistic spa and skincare company in South Africa, with its success spanning across international borders such as the USA, Europe and Britain. Therapeutic in its approach, Africology only uses all natural ingredients that are bio-identical to your biology; effectively enhancing the integrity of your skin whilst simultaneously preventing premature aging. Our product formulations and spa treatment offerings are inspired by the wisdom of Africa’s traditional healers and celebrate Africa’s vibrant heritage, communities and plant life. Our aim is always to ensure that the body and biology are treated in harmony whilst enjoying a truly authentic African offering.

All products are 100% natural and bio-degradable which benefits your body and mind as well as the environment and importantly not tested on animals.

It all sounds very interesting and many of my "wishes" in a brand, could well be answered with some of their product offerings. As you may well be aware I love all things that help to naturally calm and relax both the mind and the body, whether it's achieved via a long soak in a bath, a spa massage or burning a fragrant candle in a room.

There are many Body Butters out in the market place and some are good,
whilst some are not so good. 
I have tried many over the years and what I have come to know, is that no two body butters are the same when it comes to application. Generally a body butter needs to be warmed in the palms of the hands in order to melt the butter texture, thus allowing for an easier application, to an often dry or very dry skin. I have to admit I am a little lazy in this regard, so the butters that are more emollient and easier to spread appeal to me more, but I'm also aware that the nourishing and hydrating effects of a "true" butter are more concentrated and often more beneficial to the skin, albeit they require a little more effort.

Africology Body Butter 175ml R265


What did I think of the Body Butter?

This product is rich in Cocoa Butter and Shea, so therefore it does require a little work on the warming and melting front. Both ingredients work to soften and protect, while Canola oil heals and repairs barriers while soothing inflammation.
I found it to be sufficiently hydrating on my unusually very dry legs, without leaving a greasy film behind that some butters can often do. The combination of the Aloe Vera, Rooibos, Marula and African Potato, which are the main ingredients of the Africology range, give that "Spa in a Jar" fragrance,which lasted long on my skin and I admit I fell in love with it!

Would I Repurchase?

Unfortunately not, as I very rarely need to use such a rich treatment as a body butter, as I find my skin normally only needs a body lotion and occasionally a more nourishing body cream in winter. However for anyone with very dry skin I am sure you body will thank you for the luxurious richness that this product delivers to a parched skin.

I have already spotted some products that I would love to try and hopefully bring you reviews on my blog in the future.





Bath & Body Soak 200ml R295
Bath Salts 200ml R295
Pedi-Scrub 175ml R265

Sleep Gel 50ml R130

Frankincense & Myrrh Candle R360


Thank You
 Rubybox for introducing this brand to me and if you would like to know more about 
this proudly South African brand or to order online visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment