31 October 2015

BENEFIT ROLLER LASH MASCARA - {REVIEW}

I don't even want to think about how many brands I've used and how much money I've handed over in the last 30 odd years, all in pursuit of achieving longer, fuller, stronger, super curled and darker lashes.
I could go on and on with a "Wish-list" that both women and men (yes some men have discovered the marvels of mascara) expect from a small cylindrical tube, filled with a pigmented liquid and sometimes an odd looking brush! 
We truly expect a mascara to do it all.
Ask women and most will tell you that mascara would be their no.1 cosmetic choice to take to a desert island and like me, they just can't live without it .... "sans" mascara is a look I just don't do!
There are literally hundreds of mascara's on the market, so how do you find the correct one that meets all your wish-list needs and is easy to apply, goes the distance and is removed with very little effort at the end of an exhausted day? 
Mascara's are a very personal choice and in my opinion it's a case of trial and error until you find the "One"...it's as simple as that. On many occasions I had thought I had found the "Best" mascara, but it was soon knocked off its pedestal, as up pops the next best brush, new formula,lengthening fibers and on it goes.
For me the brush is important, as it must be on the short side, precise and well balanced in my fingers. The formula should be moist, but not too wet that it creates those irritating splodges, however the real test is unique to only "Moi", as I have 5 or 6 lashes on my one upper eyelid that without fail, clump together when I apply most mascaras. 




benefit Roller Lash Mascara R295

Luckily for me and many other delighted fans, benefit cosmetics returned to South Africa this past July. I had heard about the recently launched Roller Lash Mascara, as it has received high praise from beauty guru's around the world.. but was it really worthy of all the hype, I decided to put it to my "clump free" test. 




The wand does look slightly different due to the Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush which not only grabs, lifts, curls but successfully separates the lashes - even my clump! 




I found it extremely easy to remove and I was happy to read that it contains Provitamin B5 and Serin, ingredients both known for their lash-conditioning benefits. I haven't yet put it to the "cry test" , but it's water-resistant. 
Over all the result was a "clump" free, more curled and lifted lashes, that in turn gave my eyes a more open look and was it worthy of all the "hype"?...
Most Definitely!

p.s.
If you are looking for Super,Super curl and length, benefit recommend you to apply Roller Lash first to curl & lift your lashes then layer "they're real!" lenghtening mascara over the top.
I do have both, so I will be sure to give this combo a try and report back to you all...

If like me you are always looking for the next best mascara...
Good Luck! 
I think for now I could have just found mine...



You can also find yours at selected Red Squares and Edgars or online


Order online Red Square




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a great review. I was looking at the Roller lash mascara in Edgars the other day but did not buy. Now it is definitely on my shopping list. I would also love to hear your thoughts on the Lengthening mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have my lengthening mascara review up late in the week,so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete