22 February 2016

BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO VS COLAB DRY SHAMPOO


Dry Shampoos are a quick and convenient way of getting soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water and whilst I don't regularly use one, I always have one on hand to help rescue me and my hair, on that day where, I just knew, I should have made the time to wash it. 

When sprayed directly onto hair the waterless formulation penetrates and absorbs dirt and any other cosmetic product. A gentle rub of the scalp and brush of the hair removes impurities to leave hair soft, clean, fresh and revitalized. Great to use in between washes or after gym.
The Dry Shampoo really evolved as many, many years ago women used talcum powder on their scalp and hair to absorb excess oil and grease.Thankfully we now have a Dry Shampoo in a can!

Klorane Dry Shampoo

My dry shampoo of choice has always been one from the French Botanical hair care brand - Klorane (150ml approx €9), but unfortunately for several years now it's not been available here in South Africa meaning that it was always a permanent item on my overseas holiday shopping list. Obviously I must have been having more "hair rescue" days this past 10 months than I realised, as I have now been forced to look into a locally available dry shampoo.
Not having a great selection to choose from it was pretty much down to two brands in my local Clicks, batiste and the recently launched (in SA) COLAB, so I thought I would review and compare them both and bring you my findings.

COLAB Dry Shampoo & batiste Dry Shampoo

batiste:
Available sizes : 50ml / 200ml
Price Range : R39.95 - R79.95
Batiste have several options to chose from, which include fragranced, volume and hints of colour dry shampoos, I opted for the Blush -A Floral and Flirty fragrance, only because the Classic and Clean was out of stock, personally I prefer to opt for a subtle or non-fragranced version.
My Opinion :
Initially I was shocked with the force of the dry shampoo spray, it really blasts powder onto the hair and scalp. I also found it to be very white and powdery even on my blonde hair, so it must be a nightmare on dark hair. Whilst it absorbed any oil, I found it to be marginally one step up from sprinkling a fine talcum powder onto my hair and doing it the "old fashioned" way. 


COLAB :
Available sizes : 50ml / 200ml
Price Range : R49.95 - R89.95
COLAB have two collections on offer, the Sheer + Invisible (sheer, invisible and weightless formula) and the Extreme Collection (volume ,height and body). I bought the Sheer + Invisible LONDON - A classic yet contemporary fragrance of bergamot, musk & magnolia.
My Opinion :
Again the spray was quite forceful, but as COLAB say their formula is lightweight and invisible and it was. I enjoyed using even though I found its ability to adsorb any oil not to maybe be as good as the Batiste, after saying that I would without a doubt chose the more sophisticated "grown up" COLAB Dry Shampoo as opposed to the girly "teenage" Batiste Dry Shampoo.

Is the Klorane Dry Shampoo being struck off my overseas shopping list? 
No not yet and it just means that on my next trip 2 cans will be bought!


Available from







No comments:

Post a Comment