7 February 2016

GOSH COPENHAGEN BOOMBASTIC XXL SWIRL VOLUME MASCARA REVIEW




My slight obsession with finding the next best thing in mascara continues with a new mascara from the Danish brand - GOSH COPENHAGEN, which by the way has just gone through a re branding with a name and logo change, plus a redesigned website so check it out here.

 GOSH COPENHAGEN is exclusively available in South Africa from selected Edgars and Red Squares.

As I have said on numerous occasions, I must have used hundreds of mascara's over the past 40 years or so and I wear mascara most days of the week. With age my lashes have become lighter in colour and more sparse, so I am always looking for a mascara that will not only curl, add volume but most definitely add length to my lashes, so in short - I want a mascara that "does it all".


There is nothing delicate or slender about this mascara, as it's packaged in a chunky vibrant green container and has that feel in the hand, that this mascara means business. The wand is long and the giant swirling brush also has quite a chunky feel, all the things that I don't care for too much in a mascara, so I felt somewhat sceptical that this wouldn't be the one for me...scepticism aside I continued, as I wanted to give this product a fair review.

As I removed the wand from the container, it felt tight, which was a good sign, as the swirling rubber brush was not overloaded with mascara. The black creamy formula was easy to spread and work with and it passed my " 5 eyelash clump test" with flying colours. 
(I have 5 lashes on my left upper lash line that continually clump together, which is so annoying) 
The brush has a unique spiral shape with a combination of bristles and discs that help to grab and coat even the shortest lashes to give surprisingly good length and volume. 
I could see lashes that I had never seen before and the bristles on the tip proved useful for more precise application. Despite my hesitation about the chunky large brush it was a hit with me and my lashes...



The creamy formula is infused with Argan Oil, Bamboo Extract and Olive Oils, which help with nourishing and strengthening the lashes. I found the mascara to stay on really well without any flaking or smudging and was easy to remove at the end of the day. I did however need to clean up a little after application, as my new found longer lashes touched my upper eyelid area, but it was a small price to pay for black, longer fuller lashes.

BOOMBASTIC is not a name that would associate with a mascara, but after using I now understand the relevance of the name. This mascara does the business and the overall look is dramatic and I give this product a huge "lashes" up! 
Being more mature, this is perfect for me for evening use or when a statement look is called upon and at R145 it delivers at an affordable price.



GOSH COPENHAGEN review



No comments:

Post a Comment