20 June 2016

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE STAY FRESH 24HR FOUNDATION {REVIEW}


I'm generally not one to "chop n change" my foundations, as I tend to remain loyal to what I'm happy with and what works for me, that was until the end of 2015.
Thank goodness I took a leap of faith, after reading all the wonderful reviews, and bought the L'Oreal True Match foundation and I wasn't disappointed, in fact I rated it as one of my top products of 2015



On the strength of my new found love for L'Oreal foundations I soon purchased my second and that was the
The L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Foundation
which appealed to me for its staying power and coverage.


Infallible Stay Fresh 24hr Foundation (Golden Sand)



L'Oreal claim that the Infallible Stay Fresh 24hr Foundation is a;

"High coverage long wear foundation now with Hydrating Hyaluron Complex. 
The 24H non-stop formula stays on and feels fresh from day to night"

I am not sure how many people would wear a foundation or want to wear one for 24hrs, but if you did then this could be just the one for you, as it's extremely long wearing.
I put it to the test on many occasions for 18hrs+ and I was seriously impressed.
Unfortunately due to me having a dry to normal skin I did find that I had to moisturise really well on the mornings of wearing this foundation,as I found it to be a 
little drying on my skin.


This foundation would work perfectly on combination skin, after saying that, drier skins don't be put off, but just be aware to moisturise well before application and the problem is solved.
The texture upon application is very different to the True Match foundation and you have to work a lot quicker with blending etc. as it noticeably contains less moisture, giving it a drier formula.
The finish of the Infallible for me, whilst giving a lovely flawless finish,was neither a matte or dewy, which I quite enjoy.
The foundation is buildable, but the one application was enough coverage for me, without giving my skin that cakey or dry look.
(the last thing a mature skin needs is a foundation that accentuates any fine lines or wrinkles)

The True Match is still my daily "go to' foundation, whilst the Infallible Stay fresh 24hr is a perfect foundation on those days where a slightly fuller coverage and all day wear is called upon.

There is a good selection of shades available from L'Oreal stockists countrywide at R199

No comments:

Post a Comment