15 September 2016

BOURJOIS 123 PERFECT CC CREAM {REVIEW}

If I'm not mistaken this is the first product that I have tried from the French brand 
BOURJOIS...

I had to do some research, as I knew very little about this brand, so here is a quick look at its origins:

 In 1863, Bourjois was born on the great boulevards of Paris in the theatre district, at a time when France was the world's second leading economic power. The actor Joseph-Albert Ponsin was the company's first creator; he prepared makeup and perfumes for actors and actresses in the comfort of his own home. In 1868, Ponsin entrusted his entire activity to Alexandre-NapolĂ©on Bourjois. The company blossomed in the hands of Monsieur Bourjois, who made it internationally known.



Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream



I've tried several BB (Beauty Balm) creams in the past, so I thought it was about time I tried my 2nd CC (Colour Correcting) cream. 
(Yes I'm a bit late on the CC bandwagon, especially as they have been around since 2010) 

CC creams were formulated to reduce the appearance of skin redness or sallowness or to improve uneven skin tone. 
Most include a SPF and can be used alone or as a primer under your foundation. 
CC creams can range from a light sheer tinted moisturiser to a heavier textured cream with a higher coverage, similar to that of a foundation and most brands now have a CC cream in their product offering that have a variety of multi tasking features.

Bourjois say that 123 Perfect CC Cream will correct and perfect your complexion with its 
3 colour correcting pigments that give a fresh and luminous result.

Apricot Pigments : Anti Fatigue
Green Pigments : Anti Redness
White Pigments : Anti Dark Spots





I found the 123 Perfect CC Cream to be a combination of a light foundation and a 
treatment cream, as I experienced a super hydrating product that provides long lasting 
hydration with that all important SPF, in this case a reasonable SPF of 15.
The product is quite liquid despite its name being a cream, so be sure to give it a good shake before use.
Its surprisingly lightweight oil-free formula glides easily onto your skin for a smooth application.

I personally preferred to use the product alone on those days where I wasn't needing to wear full make-up, as I found it was too much moisture/hydration when used over my regular moisturise and under my foundation, as my skin just felt overloaded with product and greasy, especially in hot humid climes of Durban.

As a colour corrector - I'm unsure about this product, I do have a mature skin with some redness and the usual dark areas, but I can't say it did anything more than a concealer and foundation would have done.
Having said that I do understand why people would love this CC cream, as it would enhance beautifully a younger skin giving it a more perfect flawless appearance.

Unfortunately young skin isn't "moi", so my disappointment is more due to my incorrect choice of product rather any poor performance of the product itself.
However I will use up the product on those "stay at home" days, but I won't be repurchasing.

There are 3 colour shades to choose from; Bronze, Ivory and Rose Beige and I opted for the later Rose Beige, which was a good match.
Boujois 123 Perfect CC Cream retails for R195.95 for 30mls
Available from selected Clicks and Dischems countrywide.


No comments:

Post a Comment