12 December 2016

AVÈNE MICELLAR LOTION {REVIEW}







Over the past couple of years I have become a huge fan of Micellar waters and there are now plenty on the market to choose from.
To read my previous reviews on Micellar Waters proceed to the pink links at the bottom of this page.

Being someone that wears full make-up on most days I really enjoy being able to use a Micellar water or lotion as part of my double cleanse. My normal evening routine is to use a make-up removing cleansing milk first, followed by a no rinse Micellar water on cotton wool. 
In the morning I often just use a Micellar water to do a quick cleanse.

Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer to use a specially formulated eye make-up remover to remove my eye make-up and mascara, but Micellar waters are great again to just whisk over the eye area to ensure that there are no remnants of make-up left behind and to provide a clean eye area before applying an eye treatment. 
Another handy use of a Micellar water is to remove lipstick and cleanse the lip area, and they are a convenient multi tasking product to take on your travels, so in my opinion a Micellar water is a "must have" in your skincare regime.



Avène Micellar Lotion 200mls R199.95



The Avène Micellar lotion has been formulated for sensitive skins, with a discreet fragrance, it also contains a very low number of ingredients, which is important to a sensitive, delicate skin.Its also paraben and alcohol free and has a new DOUBLE ACTION formula, with enhanced MAKE-UP REMOVING POWER and HYDRATING action:


1.Micellar cleansing agents capture the impurities and even remove waterproof make-up.

2.The naturally soothing properties of Avène Thermal Spring Water and the gentle emollient action from the cleansing agents both respect the hydrolipidic film and leave the skin feeling soft and hydrated.

I recently put this Micellar Lotion through its paces in the polluted atmosphere of London and whilst it was pleasant to use and very effective at cleansing, I personally feel that this product category is swamped with many good and more affordable Micellar Waters.

However that being said if you are a loyal Avène user or have a compromised sensitive skin then this is not only a product but a range to seriously consider.

Avène is sold exclusively at selected Clicks countrywide and to find out more or order online visit www.clicks.co.za 


To read my previous reviews on Avène products:






To read my previous reviews on Micellar Waters:





No comments:

Post a Comment