10 January 2017

MY TOP 5 SKINCARE PRODUCTS OF 2016

If you have been reading my blog for sometime now you will know that Skincare, whether it be for the face or body, is my "blogging forte" and passion.
I'm always on the look out for age appropriate products that actually deliver on their promises.
Being a "mature" blogger - hydrating, anti-ageing, firming and radiance are the key features that I'm looking for in any facial skincare product.

I often stress in my blog posts that I take it upon myself to thoroughly review a full sized product until its finished, unlike some bloggers that review just from the use of a sample or deluxe size for a couple of days or at tops a couple of weeks and that's obviously their choice, but in my opinion
the absolute minimum time that a "treatment" skincare product e.g. a moisturiser, serum, night cream, eye cream can be reviewed is over 4-6 weeks.
Based on the fact that I post my product review only once I have finished the jar or tube means that I'm unable to review too many "treating" products in the year therefore I am a little picky as to what I agree or chose to review. 
However there are several products that don't fall into the above "lengthy time" review category like cleansers, toners, micellar waters,eye make-up removers, exfoliants and masks.

If you would like to read what my top products were in 2015 and still are, then click on the pink link below.

My Top 5 Skincare Products 2015


1.


A brand that I was very happy to get more acquainted with in 2016 was the affordable and easily accessible French Skincare brand Avène. 
(In my opinion the French really are the best when it comes to all things face and body care)

The Avène Physiolift Precision Wrinkle Filler had my undivided attention from the first sighting of its name on the outer box.
Unfortunately regardless of how well cared for your skin is, you will always have some deep furrows, generally across the forehead and down the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth known as the nasolabial folds.
For me this product, despite its awkward applicator - a pipette pen, worked wonders on plumping and smoothing the frown furrows on my forehead.
They do have Physiolift for eyes, which I would really like to review and report back my findings to you in this coming year.





Avène Physiolift Precision Wrinkle Filler



2.


I only discovered my next best skincare product at the very end of 2016 and it wouldn't be a "best of" post without Garnier being mentioned and these Micellar Oil Infused Cleansing Wipes deserve a place on this list.
Garnier just seem to have become the "masters" of Micellar Waters and Wipes and all at an affordable price.






Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Wipes



3.


My next top skincare product of 2016 is somewhat of an "oldie", as its been around for several years, but it's a "goodie".
I'm a bit of a Lip Balm junkie and reviewed many good ones during 2016, but the NUXE Rève de Miel Lip Balm stands above the rest and is totally worthy of all the praise that's bestowed upon this iconic NUXE product.


To read my full review



NUXE Rève de Miel Lip Balm


4.



I reviewed this next product early on in the year and it has become a staple in my daily skincare regime during 2016.I just love the Avène Eau Thermale Spring Water Spray and it's my "nice to have" product for many reasons, which by the way lasts and lasts making it very cost effective for every hydrating and refreshing spritz.



To read my full review




Avène Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water



5.


It wouldn't be a top 5 without the inclusion of a product from my favourite French brand L'Occitane and this one from their Pivoine range, the Perfecting Cream was a delight to use and when used in conjunction with my absolute favourite treatment cream - Divine, they ticked all of my beauty boxes.


To read my full review



L'Occitane PerfectingCream






No comments:

Post a Comment