15 June 2017

PIXI GLOW TONIC {REVIEW}


PIXI is a skincare and make-up brand that you may not have heard of, but if you have then it's most probably due to one product and that would be their now iconic

PIXI GLOW TONIC

Before I get into my review here is the backstory to this brand...

Creator Petra Strand has 20+ years experience as a makeup artist & product developer.Created over 10 years ago and launched in our flagship boutique in Soho, London, Pixi has a loyal worldwide following thanks to its pure, awakening & skin-loving products that create a naturally radiant "just had a good night's sleep" look.Passionate about skincare, Petra creates innovative formulations that are infused with botanicals and beneficial ingredients. Petra has real-world experience as a busy working mother of four, therefore Pixi is truly about multitasking, flaw-fixing, youth-enhancing products for women on-the-go with no time to spare.



Her catch phrase of Makeup to Wakeup appeals to me, as I'm sure it does to many of you reading this post.

I had heard about the brand from afar and in particular one product Glow Tonic and it had received "Glowing" reports (excuse the pun) and I was curious to know what all the beauty fuss was about.





My London "Kiddiewink" recently brought me a 100ml Glow Tonic over on his recent trip.
The Glow Tonic is available in both 100ml and 250ml size plastic bottles.
I opted for the 100ml as I was admittedly a little sceptical about the product, so the 100ml was a better option for me or so I thought.





The below should help you to understand why the PIXI Glow Tonic has such a loyal following that now includes moi :

Exfoliates and purifies the skin with 5% Glycolic Acid
Ginseng improves circulation and energizes
Aloe vera soothes and hydrates
Refines the appearance of pores
Gently accelerates cell renewal to reveal a brighter, glowing complexion
Balances, heals and soothes for radiant, healthier looking skin


How to use: 

Either in the AM and PM or when needed, but I use both AM and PM

Step 1: 

Cleanse your face
(I also followed the cleanse with my usual alcohol free toner)

Step 2: 

Saturate a cotton pad with the Glow Tonic and sweep across face, neck and décolletage (avoiding eye area)

Step 3: 

Follow with the a serum or moisturizer
(It's recommended to always use an SPF in the daytime, especially when using a product with glycolic acid)

As I said earlier in this post I was a little sceptical and even after a week or so of use I was still undecided as to whether it's really worth all the hype and it was only after several weeks of use, that I decided this product has to be a daily part of my skincare regime.

The product is surprisingly gentle on the skin and is alcohol free, suitable for all skin types
and is not tested on animals.
 As it's an exfoliating tonic it removed dead skin cells revealing a brighter more radiant, healthier looking skin.
If you are not into exfoliation (which you should be) then using this product is an easy alternative, however it is recommended to continue your regular exfoliants etc as this product will only enhance their effects.

It's literally an "all in one" tonic for the skin.
It combined easily with the other skincare products in my routine, including my peels and scrubs, and now that I agree with all those reviews that I had previously read, my biggest challenge is how to get a regular supply over from the UK...

PIXI Glow Tonic
100/250ml

Not available in South Africa

£10
£18




3 comments:

  1. Alice my step daughter used to work for Pixi so I have used a few of their products

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete