31 October 2017

DERMALOGICA AGE REVERSAL EYE COMPLEX {REVIEW}


Without doubt the skin around the eye needs lots of TLC and it's an area where I've
paid extra special attention to over the years, in fact I have been using a specific 
eye product since being in my early 20's.

The skin around the eye is not only much thinner and more delicate, 
but also its very hard working and often abused,
more so than any other skin on our face or body and in my opinion it needs a 
dedicated treatment product.
(I know it's tempting to just use your day/night cream over the eye area, but unless
its been formulated to be applied to the eye area, then don't do it)

Some months back I was invited to the launch of a Demalogica Concept Store 
in Ballito Junction,Ballito,KZN.
I was gifted the full size of their AGE Reversal Eye Complex and it couldn't have 
come at a better time, as I had been researching Retinol eye treatments.




Being the first Retinol eye product that I had tried I was a little apprehensive,
as I hadn't yet dabbled into Retinol facial products, but as I'm in my late 50's,
I thought it was about time to see and experience what all the fuss is about.
This short video gives an overview of what Retinol is and why its becoming 
increasingly used in skincare products.






Dermalogica use advanced, microencapsulated Retinol to help 
smooth away the signs of skin aging around the eyes. 

This microencapsulation technology optimises Retinol potency and absorption to help 
reduce the appearance of fine lines

Microencapsulated Niacinamide and Ash Tree Bark Extract 
maintain hydration and reduce visible dark circles. 

A powerful Age Reversal Firming Complex works with the antioxidant Vitamin C,
 powerful peptides and botanical extracts to fortify and smooth skin.

 Formulated without artificial fragrances, colours or parabens. 
This product contains 1% Retinol, a form of Vitamin A.

On paper this eye product appeared to be what I needed to take my 
eye care regime to the next level and hopefully as the name suggests, 
reverse the signs of ageing around the eye. 

So how did it perform?

Let me just get straight to the point,
I have been using this product for over 6 months now and deserves its name 
and for me it's a 

"Winner"

Dermalogica advises that you start using alternate nights, for the first two weeks and
as the skin responds, build up to using nightly, for some reason I didn't follow these instructions,
 (not sure why) and went straight in using nightly and luckily 
I didn't have any sensitivity issues, which can sometimes happen, as not all skins 
can handle the inclusion of Retinol in products, especially ones to be
 used around the eye.

Part of the AGE Smart range, the Age Reversal Eye Complex is a highly-active eye treatment and for me 
I soon began to see results, especially with the fine lines and Crows Feet and 
the smoothness of the skin under my eyes was to me very evident.
The non greasy and light formula honestly didn't feel as though it would be 
enough to deeply hydrate as claimed, yet it did.

I can't say that I noticed any great difference to my dark circles and as for
reducing puffiness,I always find this a hard one to comment on
as puffiness comes and goes and is dependent on so many other factors.
(having said that I was just so thrilled with the other results
 that I didn't mind these short comings too much)





The tube has a needle point dispenser, which I love and allows you to control
the amount you dispense and negates any wastage.
Not only did I find this product to be highly effective, but also economical.
As with most of the Dermalogica products that I have tried a little 
really does go a long way and despite the initial purchase price, which is steep,
the price per application is in my opinion very affordable.
(I still have about half a tube left after 6 months of nightly usage)

 N.B.
It's advisable to use this product every evening, but be sure to use an eye product during the day that contains a high SPF, as the skin will be more sensitive to the suns rays.


Age Reversal Eye Complex
15ml

R
990


£
64


$
78



Available from authorised Dermalogica salons and spas
and

No comments:

Post a Comment