13 March 2018

REN PERFECT CANVAS {REVIEW}


I have really been enjoying several of the REN skincare products recently 
and I was intrigued with the latest addition to their range

PERFECT CANVAS



For those of you that are not familiar with REN or their ethos,
 here is a quick overview to put you in the REN picture...

"From our inception in East London in 2000 we 
have pioneered Clean Skincare: 
a smarter skincare which delivers high performance 
visible results whilst always being on skin’s side. 
Scrupulously avoiding any skin unfriendly, 
toxic ingredients. 
With just the right amount of naturally derived 
hi tech bio-actives that help the skin help itself. 
Served in products that are gorgeously pleasurable to use, 
affordable and recyclable as we are truly committed 
to finding new ways of constantly improving our 
impact on the world we all share"

REN is free from
 synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, petrolatum, sulfate detergents, 
synthetic colours, animal ingredients and parabens.




PERFECT CANVAS claims to be:

The Ultimate Skin Perfecting
& Finishing Serum
A Probiotic Elixir for healthier smoother skin.
A silicone- free primer for make-up
Better skin in a bottle

After reading the above how could I not be intrigued by this product.

I'm not a huge user of make-up primers, but when I do use, I always look
 for a primer that gives you more in terms of benefits to the skin rather than
just a lovely primer to prolong the wear of your make up....

PERFECT CANVAS for me, has that important treatment aspect 
whilst priming your skin ready for make-up.

This clear lightweight serum, in keeping with the ethos of REN,
 is full of bio-actives and in this particular case we have the following
and their effects on the skin:

Probiotic Extract
 influences the speed and quality of epidermal
growth.It boosts the production of proteins and enzymes, which are
vital in maintaining the skins natural barrier.
Ultimately this ensures a healthier skin structure that's more hydrated, 
smoother

Hyaluronans
 are naturally found in the skin and increases hydration,the production 
of elastin and ultimately the depth of any wrinkles,
 as well as a short term lifting effect.

Agave Tequilana Extract 
Is a natural polysaccharide and has a filling effect and enables the product
to spread, whilst giving the skin a silky, smooth and mattifying effect.



The product itself comes in a matte finished 
glass dropper bottle that soon gets scratched and I must say it looked 
rather shabby and unfortunately not one to 
display proudly on your dressing table.
Let's put the negative about the packaging to one side, and move onto 
the application.

It can be used by all skin types
After applying your moisturiser apply a couple of drops onto your fingers
 and massage well into the skin until its absorbed. 
Don't rush this process otherwise you could be left with
some sticky areas and your foundation could "grab".
I rather enjoyed using it over my moisturiser "sans" make-up
to enhance my skin and occasionally I added a couple of drops 
into my moisturiser or BB cream.

I found it to be a versatile and useful serum. 
It does give a wonderful matte finish to the skin, which I was a little concerned 
about initially, as being older, I like that glowing radiant finish
but my concerns were soon forgotten, as with daily use my skin felt smoother, 
plumper,lines were softened and overall my skin just felt quite simply
 BETTER
and on those days I wore foundation, it was perfectly primed and ready.

Also being a silicone free formula, it just seems to allow the skin to
 feel free and breathe, so it's great for anyone who dislikes silicones
in their beauty products.

This product has set a high bench mark for future skin primers, as why
have an ordinary primer, when you can have a treatment primer.
However this serum/primer comes in at a higher price
but if you're into skin care like "moi" you can justify the price 
due to it being a "Treatment Priming Serum".

On one last note... I think the PERFECT CANVAS from REN
has the right to make those earlier claims as it is 
Better Skin in a Bottle...


PERFECT CANVAS
30ml

R
995


£
50



Available at selected Woolworths countrywide
Selected Wellness Warehouse
&
Clicks online only




If you would like to read my other REN Reviews

8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any REN products before.

    Candice | beautycandyloves.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried several now and if you're into skincare it's brand to look at...thanks for leaving a comment

      Delete
  2. I've been so intrigued by this product, and knew I could rely on your review! It sounds absolutely divine, and my poor mum has also been searching for a good primer. I think she must get her hands on some of this!


    http://sugarspiceblog.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment , for me it's more of a treatment serum that's also a primer so it's ideal for mum.

      Delete
  3. Such a fan of this product!

    Cassidy x
    www.theglamgreengirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, yea its good👍

      Delete
  4. I am not a big user of primers but this sounds like the type of product that I will consider using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me this product has more emphasis on the treatment with an added primer, whereas other primers tend be the other way round. Thanks for leaving a comment

      Delete