11 December 2013

BELLEVUE CAFE {REVIEW}






An impromptu meeting for coffee and cake with Nicola from
  www.runoncoffee.blogspot.com
led us to the Bellevue Cafe in Kloof (situated next to Delcairn Centre).
It was my first visit, but it sounded like Nicola frequents this delightful place often and it's easy to see why! 




Chris Black of Aubergine Hillcrest fame is at the helm of this little "arty" gem. 
As soon as I walked through the tallest door I have ever seen, I got that feeling that I was going to enjoy this casual, relaxed eatery. Whilst waiting for Nicola I had chance to look through their varied, albeit small  menu, but nonetheless I spotted several dishes that I have to go back and try.
It caters for the "early bird" breakfast lover through to the mid morning coffee and cake crowd.
 Its also perfect for a casual lunch or drop in for afternoon tea and even a sundowner cocktail, followed by dinner. I must say that all the food being presented to the tables around me just looked more than "yummy" and the smells coming from the kitchen were just as pleasing.

Nicola and I fell into the coffee and cake crowd visiting mid morning, but there was a slight problem.....they had no water and being a rainy "mizz" day I was looking forward to trying a Hot Choc, but alas no hot drinks, so freshly squeezed on the premises orange juice it would have to be.


Lavender and Double Choc Tart R30

There was a "delish" assortment of pastries and it was hard to make a choice.
The Chocolate tart above won me over simply because that's what "chocoholics" always opt for, but I was also intrigued by the addition of the Lavender and let me tell you... it was to "die for", as the hint of Lavender just complimented and brought out the taste of the rich chocolate even more.
Definitely I will return purely for more of the same.
Nicola chose the Lemon Tart which tasted like a sophisticated lemon curd and was nearly as good as my choc overload.


Lemon Tart R30

I'm hopefully taking my hubby for a Sunday breakfast in the near future and as "pour moi",
 I will have to persuade Nicole to come with me again and we can slowly sample some of their other pastries, sarmies and salads and I honestly can't wait.
So Au Revoir Lavender and Double Choc Tart until we meet again....

Opening Times:

Mon-Fri 7am-9pm
Sat 8.30-9pm
Sunday 9am-3pm

5 Bellevue Road, Kloof, Durban
Call 031 717 2780

2 comments:

  1. Really sounds and looks like a great place to visit. I should definitely check it out some time this festive season.

    http://www.sandynene.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you must...you will love the venue, the atmosphere and the food, well worth a trip out there.

    ReplyDelete