24 January 2016

ESTEE LAUDER BLOCKBUSTER 2015 {REVIEW}

Estee Lauder Blockbuster 2015

I have to admit that every year in November I wait in anticipation to see what the Estée Lauder Blockbuster has to offer. 
For those that maybe don't know, the Blockbuster is an annual Limited Edition collection of make-up palettes and products for the eyes, cheeks and lips that are all packed in a wonderful travel vanity case. 
Every year Lauder adapt the colours in the collection and change the bag, ensuring that it always remains appealing and enticing. The blockbuster has been around for over 35 years that I am aware of and has become a gifting tradition of many over the holiday season.


This year I thought I would do a review of the 2015 box, as I gifted myself the Blockbuster, as there are times when you just have to gift yourself! 
However I have been gifted many over the years, as it always made it an easy gift option for my parents and even my hubby on occasions - they always knew I would love the gift.

Obviously the price increases ever year, but so does the value of the contents, especially as they often include several full size products. The Blockbuster special price was R1,195,00 and here in South Africa the qualifier was with the purchase of any 50ml or larger Lauder fragrance, meanwhile the contents are valued at well over R5,000.

2015 gave us the large red patent vanity case, which is a really useful size and can easily accommodate all my skincare, hair and nail care products for travelling plus there is still room left over for other bits and pieces. There is also a matching red patent cosmetic bag.

It goes without saying that Estée Lauder products are always of high quality and the pigments of the Pure Color Envy Sculpting Eye Shadow Palette, comprising of 12 eye shadows in neutrals and browns, are true and transfer onto the skin well and blend easily.
The palette includes 2 Pure Color blushes in the colours Pink Kiss and Peach Passion.  
If had to make one criticism of the Deluxe mirrored eye shadow and blusher palette below...
I just wished they would remove the applicators, as they are in my opinion of no use to anyone and they should rather make the blusher sections larger. 


Estee Lauder Pure Color Palette

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks :Candy,Fuchsia Fever and Rose Tea


I absolutely love each of these full size Pure Color lipstick shades of which two are a Lasting Creme finish and one is a Lasting Shimmer and I think would suit most people.




The Limited Edition All Over Shimmer Compact is beautifully packaged and gives a lovely glow and shimmer to the skin, but I have to go easy on the application, as I found the color pick up on the brush to be quite intense, so this compact should last me a longtime.


Estee Lauder Blockbuster 2015

I wear the 2 shades of Pure Color Lip Glosses (Nude Rose and Shocking Pink) daily and they're a great size for my bag.
The Blockbuster also contains a couple of treatment products:
Revitalizing Supreme Creme (15ml) and the Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II (7ml) both of which I have yet to try.


The Blockbuster always includes the Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, which again happens to be a full size. I do know and like this product, as I have used it on and off over the years, yet I don't think I have ever reviewed, so expect a full review soon.

A Blockbuster just wouldn't be a Blockbuster without the inclusion of a full size mascara and EL mascaras have been a "fave" of mine for many,many years and I have reviewed the Sumptuous Extreme Mascara on my blog .



One last product that I must mention is the inclusion of a Modern Muse Eau De Parfum (4ml), which isn't my "cuppa fragrance" but will be a nice addition to my miniature perfume collection.

My final verdict of the 2015 Estee Lauder Blockbuster :
It contains a great selection of products and palette shades and offers excellent value for money and I personally think that it's been the "best" for several years.
So if you missed out on the 2015 one, then I suggest that you keep a look out for the 2016 Blockbuster which should be in stores during November. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow the products in this block buster set are amazing. Such a gorgeous gift.

    ReplyDelete