14 February 2017

FINALLY A JO MALONE COLOGNE THAT I LOVE - EARL GREY & CUCUMBER COLOGNE {REVIEW}


Having spent many years of my beauty career being involved, in various roles, with the launches of  International perfume brands here in SA, I very rarely review fragrances on my blog.
Today being Valentines Day I thought I would share with you my new found fragrance LOVE.

Perfume is a very personal choice and it's simply a case of just try them for yourself, as nobody can tell you which perfume will suit you best, as every ones body chemistry is different, therefore a fragrance smells different on each person.
That being said it's generally a straight forward process for most buyers, except for Moi!




Jo Malone - London is Quintessentially British and has been creating luxurious beautifully presented Bespoke fragrances for Her, Him and the Home since its inception in 1994.

Finally after a long two year search I've found a Jo Malone Cologne that I've fallen 
"head over heels" in love with.
It's not that I'm difficult when it comes to fragrance buying, its living in Durban South Africa that's the problem, as we do not have a Jo Malone boutique.
(SA only have five, two in Johannesburg, two in Cape Town and one in Pretoria)


Jo Malone offer around 24 Cologne and Cologne Intense variants and even though they fall into the normal fragrance classifications of Citrus, Floral, Fruity, Spicy and Woody, some of the ingredient combinations are not mainstream, hence you do have to try them all to find the ONE.
However it doesn't stop there, as Jo Malone Colognes are just perfect for creating your own tailor made signature fragrance by layering different ones.
This not only gives a wonderful depth and choice to your fragrance options, but combine it with my difficulty in testing the colognes in the first instance and you can now maybe understand why my search for the fragrance Love of My Life has taken so long...


Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne



Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne is the one that finally stole my heart and it was pretty much the last one I tried.
Having travelled overseas several times in the past 24 months I always made a beeline for the Jo Malone counters, whether they were in Duty Free or not, I was on a mission.

Unfortunately when going along the line of fragrance tester unit in-store I kept skipping over the Earl Grey & Cucumber as the name just didn't appeal to me, so I kept opting for better know and more popular colognes like Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Peony & Blush Suede and Lime Basil & Mandarin to name just a few, but none of them were the one.
However despite knowing the I enjoy several scents that contain teas e.g. Green Tea, Bergamot Tea and Black Tea I still ignored the bottle that would become possibly my favourite fragrance of all time and having worked mainly in the perfume business for the past 35 years this is quite a statement...

My mission finally accomplished I then made another error and opted for the 30ml spray, instead of a 100ml, which needless to say won't last me very wrong.
Fragrance, as I said is very personal but I have received so many compliments when wearing my new found love and I enjoy my daily spritz and that's all it takes to keep me happy for hours.

Upon further investigation I unearthed that this cologne was just made for Moi, as it contains another one of my favourite ingredients Vanilla.
This is what Jo Malone describe this cologne as :

A fragrance with a burst of bergamot, distinct to Earl Grey, and the cool succulence of crunchy cucumber. Counterpoised with a sweet base of beeswax, vanilla and musk. Reviving and refined.


Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne


Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne 30ml


The moral of my story is to not ignore your instincts or give up on your search for Jo Malone fragrance no matter how daunting all the options and combos may seem. 
Hopefully it won't take you as long, but I'm glad I persevered as I've found a good one.

Once I've saved up to buy the 100ml I may just explore the Home options, as you may or may not know I love a good fragranced candle and Diffuser...
I sense my Jo Malone journey is only just beginning.


30ml Spray
R815
$65
£43

100ml Spray
R1625
$130
£86

To learn more about the World of Jo Malone visit



No comments:

Post a Comment