11 September 2013

CLARINS SKIN ILLUSION NATURAL RADIANCE FOUNDATION SPF 10




This foundation range has been around for some time in South Africa and Clarins claims that Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation creates an incredibly beautiful, radiant and even complexion with a translucent finish that also leaves the skin feeling moisturised and super-comfortable. Comprising of mineral and plant extracts chosen for their sheerness and affinity with the skin offers a "barely-there" finish. This sounds ideal for me and it also contains the added protection of an SPF 10, which is a great back up to my normal SPF that I wear daily.


I thought I would put the above claims to the test and I tried one of the 6 shades currently available (108 Sand) Initially I was surprised with the fragrance of this foundation, which is very evident and personally I loved it, however I was left wondering if it would be suitable for sensitive or allergy prone skins. The texture was creamy and glided onto my skin beautifully.Having a mature/dry skin I found the moisturising capacities of this foundation to be ideal when used over my normal moisturising day cream. My skin did, as they claim, feel super comfortable and an even tone was achieved. I was also impressed with light to medium coverage it offered, whilst giving that feeling of being "barely-there". The most noticeable aspect of the foundation on me, was the "illusion of natural radiance" I have used several of the Clarins radiance products in the past and they seem to have captured that ability to flatter the skin with their light reflecting ingredients and the Pink Opal Powder is my best friend in this foundation. As for that "stay ability" it performed no better than any other of the foundations I have used in the past. All things considered, I enjoyed using this foundation and I would recommend. 


These active ingredients are responsibly for creating this Natural Radiance.


  • Pink Opal Powder : Gives unrivalled radiance.
  • Pink Algae Extract : Moisturises, softens and stimulates cell renewal.
  • Plant Micro-Patch : Perfect, continuous hydration.
  • Light Optimising + Complex : Optimises complexion luminosity.
Current shades:
  • 105 Nude
  • 107 Beige
  • 108 Sand
  • 110 Honey
  • 112 Amber
  • 114 Cappuchino
New Shades:
  • 112.5 Caramel
  • 116.5 Coffee
  • 117 Hazelnut
  • 118 Sienna

What's great is that 4 NEW Ethnic Skin Illusion shades have been developed, to suit the South African market. This extensive selection of 10 shades should now cover most colours and tones of skin.



 Size: 30ml
                     Price:R375

The new shades will be on counter from the 16th of September 2013 at all Clarins outlets countrywide.
    To read other Clarins Reviews then click on the Pink Links


    4 comments:

    1. I have the exact same foundation in the same shade! It was my one and only until I found the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum one

      ReplyDelete
    2. great minds think alike...lol..must look at the BOURJOIS one

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have always wanted to try this foundation but didn't because of the price. Thanks for the great review. Xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks...I am glad it's helped.Clarins should make samples,so try and get hold of some so you can try before you buy.

      ReplyDelete