26 January 2014

SUNDAY SAMPLE - ESTÉE LAUDER MODERN MUSE EDP

This is the first of my new series of reviews based on samples that I have thrown into my glass vase. This vase contains a wide variety of sample products and to be honest many of them I really would never use. However my eyes closed "dip" into the vase means that I will try which ever sample I pull out regardless of what it is. Now I am not saying that everything in the vase is not to my fancy, as there are lots that I know I would enjoy, but really never get round to trying, as I have other full size products on the go. 
Luckily, the first sample I pulled out was a fragrance vial of Estée Lauder Muse Eau de Parfum.





Even though it was launched in the latter half of 2013 in South Africa I haven't yet tried the fragrance, hence the sample in the vase.
Estée Lauder have developed some of the worlds most well known fragrances and it all began with Youth Dew over 50 years ago.




Initially my opinion of their latest addition Modern Muse was floral, very floral.....and after research I found that it contains a floral bouquet of Jasmine,Lily of the Valley,Honeysuckle,Tuberose and several different Patchoulis. Estée Lauder classifies Muse as a "Lush Floral Woody" fragrance that is an alluring contrast of sparkling florals and sleek, sensual woods. Unfortunately I didn't feel there was any contrast, but rather a constant overpowering floral top note that just didn't work for me.
With regard to the staying power of the Muse Eau de Parfum like most EL fragrances it certainly wasn't quick to fade away into insignificance.

If its any consolation I do like the pale pink, gold outer packaging, but that's about all....



Modern Muse 
Eau de Parfum

30ml R635

50ml R875
100ml R1175



Available from all Estée Lauder outlets.




2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. I too have tons of samples I haven't actually tested yet. Thanks for the great review. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desle, but I'm a little worried, as there are some samples in my vase that I know that I would never want to use! On the positive side, I may discover some gems that otherwise would be overlooked....

    ReplyDelete