25 January 2015

URIAGE BARIÉSUN AFTER SUN REPAIR BALM {REVIEW}





Not knowing too much about this brand, other than its French and available at Dischems, my first encounter with URIAGE was not planned. Taking great care not to over expose my skin to the sun, let alone burn it, I always apply the necessary products before my morning walk. Being in the midst of the South African summer the sun is up and ready to burn from the early hours. Same morning routine every walk, Cap tick, Sunglasses tick, Bioderma tinted SPF 50 applied on face and neck tick, Bioderma SPF 50 applied to shoulders and arms x, you've guessed it, an interruption meant this important stage was omitted. The realisation only kicked in half way through my 90 minute walk, which resulted in a panic stricken hurried dash to get back to the car. It was too late the tops of my shoulders were already burnt...
After sun products don't really feature in my skin care routine, but I remember receiving from a fellow blogger a blue tube of an After sun balm. After much rummaging I found the URIAGE BARIÉSUN After Sun Repairing Balm and it truly was a welcome sight, as I knew some relief was close at hand.

Uriage After Sun Balm R165 150ml


Here is some background information on this range.

Uriage Eau Thermale is a French brand that uses a unique ingredient, thermal spring water in order to produce hypo-allergic skin care products for even the most sensitive skin. The water is over 80 meters underground and so has not been exposed to any pollutants and is the perfect pH for absorption by human skin.The Uriage skin care range includes daily carebaby careanti-aging,depigmentation, and sun care, among others. The Thermal Water Spray is the number one selling product from Uriage. This spray helps to soothe skin redness and skin irritations.

This informative Uriage video shows a time line of developments over 20 years 



I found this creamy melt-in After Sun Balm to be immediately both soothing and calming on my red glowing sensitive shoulders. Suitable for all skin types and can be used on the face and the body! It's  easy to apply, quickly absorbed, has a pleasant fresh fragrance, nourishing and hydrating, yet left no oily residue on my skin. Active ingredients like the "magical" Uriagé Thermal water, Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Aquspongines all help to soothe, yet repair the damaged skin at the same time....and in my opinion this product delivered on all of its promises, as my shoulders very quickly return to normal, sadly I hope to never use this product again, but if my family or I suffer the consequences of the harsh South African sun then the cool blue tube from France will come to the rescue once again!


Having stumbled across this product by accident...literally a sun burn accident I now have real interest in trying more of their products, so expect some reviews in the future.

For more info visit www.uriage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment