1 February 2015

SUNDAY SAMPLE - KIEHLS SUNFLOWER COLOR PRESERVING CONDITIONER {REVIEW}



After many years of highlighting my hair, whilst at the same time ensuring that I kept it well conditioned to counteract the harsh chemical process, I found that it was starting to feel heavy and simply overloaded with oils etc, so I put my hair on a "Conditioner Detox".


Since its detox I have been very aware not to overload again with serums, masks and conditioning products.
For the past week I have been using from my Sunday Sample Jar

The 
Kiehls Sunflower Color Preserving 
Conditioner 


It was a very generous 30ml trial size and will last several washes I am sure.
Not one to use general hair products, I have always invested in Professional Salon Ranges and an investment they are, as they are never light on the wallet!
So what would this sceptic think of this hair product from Kiehl's?


Kiehl's Sunflower Shampoo & Conditioner


I was happy to read that this product is formulated without Parabens, 
is lightweight, silicone and sulphate free. 
Designed to effectively protect color treated hair from becoming dull and dry, it also claims to leave your hair feeling conditioned and the color looking vibrant. It also protects and seals to maintain smooth, shiny hair for optimal manageability and styling without breakage.

Use in the usual way after shampooing (they do make a matching Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo), rinse and apply a generous amount of conditioner to the hair, especially on the ends.
Gently work through and leave for 2-3 minutes and rinse in lukewarm water and style as normal.

The key ingredients are:
 Apricot Kernel oil, which has a very high Vitamin E content (helps with absorption)
Sunflower Oils
A fortifying blend of Vitamin B6,B3 and B5
UV Protective Filter

So it was all sounding very promising for my newly detoxed hair, but how did it perform 
after a couple of uses?

The fresh clean uplifting "summery" fragrance of the conditioner was amazing, so straight away it lifts your mood and it was easy to rinse and detangle my long highlighted hair.
After drying and styling I could feel the softness, yet I couldn't feel any product residue or coating, like some conditioning products, can leave behind.

I wouldn't say the product "wowed" me, I enjoyed using it and my my hair did feel good, but not as good as the comments that followed!
Never have I had so many comments about my hair in one day and non of the comments were prompted by me announcing the use of a new conditioner either!
I got various remarks ranging from "my hair looks shiny" "my hair looks smooth"
 "my hair is looking good" and best of all one friend thought I had just been for my highlights.

Needless to say my somewhat sceptical views of non professional salon products
 have been "dashed" as the comments speak for themselves.
 I will monitor the ongoing results with the conditioner and may even try the matching shampoo.
So watch this 
"I am a Convert" 
space.

Available from selected Edgars stores countrywide.









No comments:

Post a Comment