3 May 2014

MAMMA G'S RESTAURANT BALLITO (REVIEW)



I have heard lots of good feedback over the past three or four years about this Italian restaurant up the North coast in Ballito and I finally got to try it out this past Sunday.
The owners pride themselves on serving real Italian food made with the freshest ingredients.
We arrived early evening and immediately you felt the holiday vibe, as we sat outside on a hot balmy summers night. The decor is very casual and typically Italian, as is the menu, with all the usual pizzas,pastas,fish and meat dishes.


Be warned their menu is vast and choices are somewhat difficult o make...

Grilled Cajun Calamari R50 starter

I ordered a starter of Cajun Calamari served with Foccacia bread (R50). It was grilled to perfection and I thoroughly enjoyed the fact it was served with a creamy sauce for a change. 
I would highly recommend this dish if you like something tasty and spicy, well worth another visit just for this!


Lucci - Ham & Pineapple R72

The "Kiddiewinks" and my hubby all ordered traditional Italian style pizzas cooked in a 
wood - fired oven and were all a huge hit. 
The only disappointment for me was the salad dressing on my Gorgonzola salad (R72) 
The salad itself was good size with plenty of cheese, avo and bacon plus all the other usual greenery, however it was served already dressed and unfortunately the dressing tasted like a ready made catering dressing rather than homemade, so I am not sure which it was.
 Next time  though I will ask for no dressing and rather do a balsamic vinegar and olive oil mix myself.

Mamma G's is a busy,vibey and friendly family Italian eatery and obviously very popular with both the locals and the holiday makers, so booking is advisable. 
I also noticed that they have many larger tables with bench seating, that are really great
 for larger family gatherings.
The service was good and under the watchful eye of the manager and
an enjoyable evening on all counts was had by all and we will be returning.
 It's just a pity it's not nearer to my home!



Mamma G's Restaurant

Shop H5, Ballito Junction Shopping Centre
Ballito Drive
Ballito

 Telephone Booking

 Send Email
 www.mammags.co.za


No comments:

Post a Comment