26 April 2022

NARS BLUSH/ BRONZER DUO {REVIEW}

 
Not available in South Africa other than by 3rd party websites
my 1st NARS purchase came via Duty Free and
I decided on their iconic Duo of Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer.
FRANCOIS NARS Make-up Artist, Founder & Creative Director 
started his own brand NARS back in 1994 with iconic 12 Lipsticks
and as they say "The Rest is History".

Having heard so much about this Blush and Bronzer, I waited
patiently for my "cosmetic mule" to return, as I was excited to finally 
experience
 a little bit of the NARS world.



However my initial reaction when I opened the duty free packet was
"How Small" 
Yes, the 2 pans were no larger than an eyeshadow pan and
despite my mule being told they were full sizes it seems this
Duo palette could be a travel size, despite it looking more like a 
sample size or even a free gift sizing.
Ok initial disappointment over I went in with my smallest blusher brush
only to discover it was near impossible to pick up any product as
the pans were so small. 
After several brush changes I managed to pick up some
of the product and apply, by which time all of my enthusiasm had waned.
Yet I still had hope that these iconic NARS products would redeem 
themselves.
Sadly it just went from bad to worse, as I couldn't jump onboard
with all the love shown to these 2 products.
LAGUNA BRONZER

This award winning bronzer claims to offer the 
"Ultimate Healthy Glow"
Diffused brown pigments with a golden sheen create an all over warmth
soft, natural-looking colour for a long wearing sunkissed glow.
Unfortunately I have nothing to rave about re this product, it's just
a nice bronzer.


ORGASM BLUSH

Is a cult-favorite, bestselling NARS Blush and delivers a weightless, 
 natural-looking rush of cheek colour. 
It does offer a natural wash of colour that seems to suit every skin tone
and whilst I found this Peachy Pink blush with a shimmer of gold more
 enjoyable than the bronzer, it's still just another "nice shade".

I also had the NARS CLIMAX MASCARA on my Duty Free shopping list
and it was out of stock, but perhaps I'll give the mascara a miss now...


To be honest 
I was soo disappointed and I'm not sure what all the hype is about
 regarding these 2 products, despite having zillions of cult followers, 
sadly I won't be one of them...

P.S. I have my first product on my "Most Disappointing Products"
list for 2022.

Let me know in the comments below if you are a fan,
 as I would love to hear.










No comments:

Post a Comment