23 July 2014

LA PRAIRIE CELLULAR MINERAL FACE EXFOLIATOR {REVIEW}

I know I am always "banging on" about weekly exfoliation, but I really am a true believer it's the key to a younger looking , more radiant and smoother skin. I am always on the lookout for new non-chemical products that can be used easily at home, yet give great results.
La Prairie have recently launched two Cellular Mineral Exfoliators, one for the face and one for the body and I was eager to try the facial addition.La Prairie has been for many years one of my favourite prestige skin care brands albeit one of the most expensive in South Africa, but this is the case worldwide. For the more mature skin like "Moi" has, I can highly recommend several of their products, as long as your budget can cope. 
I have always enjoyed La Prairie and for several years used their Radiance Range.






This luxurious, translucent pink pearly gel is formulated with mineral-rich powders of quartz crystal, pure diamond and tourmaline to remove impurities, dead skin and dryness that can dull the complexion. The hundred-petaled rose, rosa centifola and scarce meteorite dust! (yes you read correctly) ensures that your skin feels fresh and softly moisturised.This product was apparently two years in the making and interestingly has two sizes of exfoliating beads in order to deal with both the removing of those drying dead cells and to dislodge and clean impurities in the pores. The sensation of having two sizes of beads, as you massage is noticeable and very pleasant to use.The product also has that distinct La Prairie cellular fragrance, tinged with a delicate soft rose and is beautiful, yes I know it's only an exfoliator, but it smells delicately divine!


Beautiful Pearly Pink Gel


La Prairie recommend to use this product 2 or 3 times weekly for combination/oily skin, and once or twice weekly for normal/dry skin. 
(This is a "bone of contention" with me, as I disagree with any over stimulation, due to exfoliation, of combination/oily skins as recommended above.personally feel that once or twice a week is preferable for all skin types) 

Apply to a moist face and neck avoiding the eye area, the more moisture will result in a more gentle treatment.
This product will cleanse as well as exfoliate, however if used in the evening, I suggest that you remove all make-up first. This exfoliator is easy to use, just massage with fingertips in upward circular motions, concentrating around the nose area.Rinse well, pat dry and follow with your usual toner, serum and moisturiser.

Before I tried this product, I must be honest I didn't have such high hopes, as so many exfoliators generally do a reasonable job of smoothing and brightening skin and in my opinion there are very few that stand out above the rest (I have used many and most don't even get a mention on my blog)  and I thought this was going to fall into that very same category, but how wrong I was...
This exfoliator is in my opinion outstanding!  Not only does the product itself look and smell good, it feels different because of the two sized beads, it's gentle, yet leaves you skin feeling wonderfully smooth, incredibly soft and moisturised,which many don't. I know the ingredients are not the normal ones found in skin care, let alone in an exfoliator, but all the mineral rich gem powders and pure essence of wild roses from Provence, obviously combine well to deliver an extremely effective product .....
or maybe it's just a little magic in the meteorite dust.
Whatever it is...I cant wait to try the body exfoliator...

Available at Selected Edgars Stores
Price R1590 (100ml)


No comments:

Post a Comment