24 June 2016

FRIDAY FEEDBACK - ESSENCE - ALL THAT GREYS

After posting an article "Friday Finds"on my blog last week read here about the 

New Limited Edition essence Collection
"All That Greys"

I purchased the 3 items below and I have been using for them daily for the past few days, so here is my Friday Feedback.

Essence is not only a very affordable brand, but it's easily available at 
Dischem's, Clicks and even some PicknPays countrywide.

Having never used any essence products before and to be honest I wasn't expecting any great shakes, after all I generally review high end products and not so much budget ranges.


After my post last week I did on paper fall in love with this 7 colour eyeshadow palette, so that was definitely on my shopping list, along with the lip gloss and I had to buy one of the nail colours.






I had intentions of buying the darker grey polish in the collection, but it had already sold out, so I settled for the lighter grey which is almost white, but I do like a white polish.
Initially I found the brush a little hard to control due to the chunky square lid. 
In order to achieve an even solid colour a minimum of 3 coats is required. 
I was pleasantly surprised to find the polish both quick drying and long lasting.
I found its High Gloss finish a lovely change from my normal matte white nail polish and it gets a huge thumbs up from me on both quality and price and another trip to Clicks is on the cards. 



Girl With A Pearl  R39.95


Again I give the eyeshadow palette a huge thumbs up, as I just love all of the shades in this selection. The pigment was surprisingly good and the powders transferred and blended well on the skin.
My one pet hate with eye shadows is crumbling and I'm sure you all know what I mean, its that irritating and messy crack or break in the eyeshadow that starts an unstoppable crumble and I  have a good feeling that these eye shadows will pass the crumble test.
I normally criticise the brushes that are supplied with certain make-up products, as they are often only good for the bin, but I'm making an exception today, as the brush end was really useful for applying close to the lash line. 



R96.50


Unfortunately I can't give a thumbs up for the Lip gloss, as I found it unpleasantly sticky on my lips and I wouldn't repurchase. The shade was too pale, so I have been wearing it over a lipstick that was too dark and its worked well to lighten and add a glossy look.



Rosewood R39.95

Overall I would look at this brand again if the colours and shades grab my attention and for the price I really can't complain, as I have paid much more for high end make-up brands in the past and not been impressed....

Remember  
This collection is a limited Edition 
and is available now from Clicks and in Dischem from July.


No comments:

Post a Comment