12 October 2013

A STRAWBERRY TART FINALLY

For those that follow my blog regularly you will know that I love all things Strawberry and especially a good Strawberry Tart.Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to write about these red fruity tarts, basically because I haven't really found any in South Africa worth writing about.
No one can beat the Europeans when it comes to "Patisseries" and for those that have been to France, 
you will know exactly what I am talking about...
I just love to gaze into those Patisserie windows filled with the most beautiful Gateaux, pastries and macaroons. I am salivating just thinking about it....

This leads me to tell you about my Strawberry tart from Vovo Telo, 
which recently opened in Umhlanga Rocks.

To read Vovo Telo review

Each time I pay a visit to Vovo Telo I keep missing the Strawberry tarts, they even posted a "piccy" on Twitter last week to announce that these illusive yummy's were available and selling fast....
I finally got to try one on Friday evening after we had eaten dinner there with friends, who by the way also loved the place.
As we were running out of time we bought the last two and took them home to eat.
I have to be fair to Vovo Telo, as these Strawberry tarts were bought at 9pm, were the last two and were looking a little tired. However it didn't affect the taste whatsoever and a huge thumbs up, as they were really "delish". The pastry was firm and not soggy, the custard or Creme Patissiere tasted great and my only complaint would be that the tart could have had a couple more strawberries on, especially as they had used only half Strawbs and not whole.
At R22 per tart another 2 halves = 1 more whole strawberry, wouldn't have been too much to ask! 
Was it worth waiting for? Yes and I will be back for more and hopefully it will have that extra strawberry on.







No comments:

Post a Comment