19 October 2013

LIEBSTER AWARD

I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by Fay from The Sparkling Labyrinth 
check her lifestyle blog out. 
Read her original nomination post The Sparkling Labyrinth
Thanks for the nomination Fay! This new badge will blend in beautifully on my blog.
                                                          
Fay set myself and 9 other bloggers the following questions to answer. I must now nominate other bloggers and give them a few questions to answer, all of which will help us to find our a little more about the person behind the blog.
Fay's questions were:
1. How often do you read other blogs?
Daily and I read quite diverse blogs not always on beauty.
2. What is your favourite topic to blog about?
Well! my blog started out primarily as a beauty blog with smatterings of foodie topics, but the food topics especially Hot Choc, Strawberry Daiquiri and restaurant reviews have featured more than I intended, but beauty reviews are still my focus.

3. When do you usually write posts?
I generally write several over the weekend and then they are ready for the week.

4. Your favourite social media platform?
I really enjoy my Facebook page but Twitter is still a little daunting for me..Oh! and I love Pinterest its an endless source of inspiration.

5. Recommend one blog that you personally love reading
I enjoy reading Kissblushandtell

6. Tag a fellow blogger who supported you in your journey as a newbie
Unfortunately I can't tag anyone, as I can honestly say that I have done this all on my own, as I didn't know any bloggers at the time.

7. What has been a highlight for you as a blogger?
This past year of blogging has been one long highlight.At nearly 40,000 views over 13 months, I still cannot believe it!!! I cannot deny that highlights are being invited to launches and events, but I hate having to turn down those that happen in Johannesburg and Cape Town, as that's where its all happening!

8. Describe your blog
A Beauty blog written by a 50 something year old, who loves eating,travelling,Strawberry Daiquiris and all things chocolate.

9. What is your favourite book?
I am not a big reader of books but I love all magazines.As a child, the book that made a huge impression on me was "The Day of The Dolphin". You did ask!!!

10. Do you have any pets?
Yes a 2 year old Daschund, that answers to Abby (real name), Abs, Poppy, Pops, Poppet, Popsy and two African Grey parrots Barney and Frikkie.The latter two are such messy and irritating pets and I don't recommend to anyone.Give me another sausage dog any day.
Shew! that wasn't too difficult 
Thank You Fay...
I would like to nominate these varied bunch of fellow bloggers that hail from Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Port Elizabeth several of whom have been nominated already, but I would love them to answer my questions anyway:

1.   Nicola runoncoffee
2.   Inge snapsizzleandcook
3.   Jane janetennet
4.   Loren hellominkys
5.   Jennifer pinkerjen
6.   Odette osoinspired
7.   Bronwyn mothercitymom
8.   Claire missclaira-bella
9.   Desle divadesle
10. Charlene geewhiskers


Ok here goes... My questions to you guys are:

1.  You are trapped on a dessert island, which 2 skincare products would you want with you and why?
2.  What is your "fave" chocolate or sweet?
3.  Which is your International or local News channel of choice.
4.  Soap n Water vs Cleansing milk?
5.  Have you ever had an allergy to any cosmetic?
6.  Bath vs Shower?
7.  Where do you mainly find inspiration from to write your posts?
8.  Do you leave your hair to dry naturally, blow dry or use an iron?
9.  Which make up item could you not live without?
10.Where would you like to see your blog in the future?

1 comment: