14 October 2013

GOSH AMAZING LENGTH N BUILD MASCARA {REVIEW}




A year has passed already since the Danish brand GOSH arrived in South Africa.
One of my favourite nail polishes Bubblegum comes from GOSH, but recently I decided to try one of their mascara's.
An easy enough decision you may think, but think again, as they have 5 on offer.

 I have been an Estée Lauder mascara fan for many years and jump between the Double Wear Lengthening and the Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting mascara's depending on my mood and occasion. My decision to change was not due to any other reason than I thought I would try out some of the newer brands that have appeared in SA over the past year and GOSH is one of them.
I have to be honest and upfront, I am a mascara's worst nightmare, not because I have sensitive eyes, but for me its all about the brush. In short it mustn't be too long, it must feel balanced in the hand and the bristles or the brush not too large and must be able to coat my lashes with ease.
More importantly the actual mascara
cannot be "clumpy", it must also be a wet formula and not too dry. 
Oh! I nearly forgot it also needs to have a pleasant smell, as so many don't!

After spending quite some time I chose the
GOSH Amazing Length Mascara
(R89),


1. 
A smooth, rich and very staying mascara formulation.Makes your lashes look visually longer and intensely coloured.
2. 
Waterproof and very staying.
3. 
The well defined brush separates the lashes while applying a fine layer of mascara and makes the lashes look longer.
4. 
Can be applied again and again to make lashes look thicker and longer.

You will be happy to know that all of the GOSH mascara's are perfume free.

It took me some time to get used to the length of the mascara wand and it was a little dryer than I would have liked, but it coated my lashes on one application. Me not being a "one coat" kinda girl, several coats are always applied of any mascara I use and with each coat the lashes do become thicker, but I am not sure that too much length was achieved.


GOSH Amazing Length n Build Mascara


I have a confession to make "I am not a fan of waterproof mascaras" and guess what I unknowingly bought?
Yes, this mascara was "waterproof" Argh! horror and shock!
The last time I used a waterproof mascara was several years ago and it was from YSL  and was just for those occassions where waterproof was a "must".
What impressed though about this waterproof mascara was the ease by which it was removed. I used my normal non waterproof eye make up remover and it removed the mascara perfectly.
As they claim, it did "stay put" on my eyelashes at the times when I needed it most, during exercise and during the sad episodes of Downton Abbey.

Would I buy again?
Yes, I would, if there weren't so many new mascara's out there to try and maybe next time I should put my readers on, so I can see that all important word "waterproof".

GOSH is available from selected Red Squares and Edgars

GOLLY GOSH
GOSH HAS LANDED

2 comments:

  1. I'm also not a fan of waterproof mascara's, I do love the selection that GOSH offers though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, I will slowly work my way through the others. I must say that waterproof mascara's in the past have always take some effort to remove,hence my dislike, but this was easy and has changed my view slightly of them!

    ReplyDelete