15 June 2015

DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE {REVIEW}


My daily cleanse routine is and always has been, to double cleanse using a creamy cleansing milk, as I'm not a "rinse off" cleanser or a "soap and water" type of person ,
 but there are exceptions and when I travel overseas is definitely one of them...

Living in the coastal holiday village of Umhlanga Rocks, Durban I don't encounter too much air pollution, which is great for my skin, but when I travel overseas its a another climate and a different routine. 
I always take a "wash off" type product to use prior to my cleansing milk. 
On my recent trip to London and Paris the Dermalogica Precleanse came along with.
 (I must be the only beauty blogger in SA not to have reviewed this product) 
These two cities must be right up there when it comes to the amount of skin damaging pollutants floating around in the air. It is so obvious to see on your cotton wool the dirt and grime that is left behind after cleansing.
 I sometimes need to do a triple cleanse in order to get my skin SA clean. 


30ml R160


The Dermalogica Precleanse is very unassuming, it's a colourless, non foaming, minimal fragranced, plant based cleansing oil, but don't be fooled, it's incredibly good at the job it's designed to do - Deep Cleanse!
It makes light work of melting away layers of excess sebum (oil), sunscreen, waterproof make-up, environmental pollutants and residual products that build-up on skin throughout the day.

Its so easy to use, with your hands just massage the product over a dry face and then add some water, continue to massage concentrating on congested areas and watch its consistency change into a light milky emulsion and rinse with lukewarm water. 
Your skin is then ready to receive the second cleansing product and Dermalogica have an extensive range of soap free cleansers to choose from...

Interestingly this is one of the few products that can be used over the eye area to gently yet very effectively remove waterproof eye makeup.


After using the Dermalogica Precleanse this "wonder" product has now found a place in my beauty regime and unbeknown to my youngest Kiddiewink he will be using this oil busting emulsifier as a part of his daily routine to help with his oily skin....



It available in two sizes and the 30ml was ideal for my travels and retails for R160, but for daily use the 150ml pump dispenser at R520 is more economical.


Precleanse R520 150mls



If you are a fan of the convenience and ease of cleansing wipes then your in luck, as Precleanse wipes are also available to use without water.
R250 (20 wipes)


20 Precleanse Wipes R250






Available from Dermalogica Salons and Concept stores around South Africa.









1 comment:

  1. I've never use anything from the brand but heard so many great things!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete