31 August 2015

WONDER MARKET - CHRIS SAUNDERS PARK GATEWAY

The Wonder Market at Chris Saunders Park (Gateway) is held on the last Sunday of every month 
and has been around for a couple of years now. 
Living literally a five minute walk away I hang my head in shame,
as yesterday was my first visit. Unfortunately it has been "my" loss all of this time, 
as it's a lovely family friendly food and craft market. Set in the grassy open spaces of a neighbourhood park it has something for everyone, especially "foodies".
Checkered clothed tables and seating form a festive communal eating and drinking area where your delicious purchases can enjoyed.
It was so nice to see that all the stalls were manned by genuine crafters, designers and food lovers and there wasn't any commercial mass produced crap in sight! (not that I saw anyway)
This "Wonder" of a market is well worth a visit and your next chance will be on Sunday 27th September 2015.
I'm looking forward to their December market, which I am sure will be full of wonderful Christmas gifting ideas.
Here are a few pics to give you an idea of what to expect.
Enjoy!




Chris Saunders Park

The Strawberry Cafe Mojito and Strawberry Daiquiri

I was in Strawberry Heaven

My Lemonade

Ponta Paella

Olives

Hand made Minions 1 eye or 2 eyes R100

Kids Tepee's R645

Ready for a home in your garden

African Curios

Something Old

Up cycle

Garden Goodies

Some of my foodie buys breads,muffins,hummus and chilli Olives

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm!

    I am going to have to get my butt to this at some point and some how.
    I have been wanting to troll so many of the Markets in KN but find the only one I can usually do is the iHeart Market because it is the morning.

    I am hoping to try the Morning Trade and possibly this weekends Durban Street Food Festival Market but other than that night markets are a transportation issue. Which breaks me as I am dying to do the Musgrave Roof Top Market I have heard so much about!

    I may be able to attend this market this Sunday as I think it is the last Sunday of the month?
    If I am at Gateway shopping centre is is pretty easy to walk too?

    Thanks for another great post, so much great information love reading your blog!

    #LoveAndTravelHugs©
    Cee

    ReplyDelete