12 December 2016

EAU THERMALE AVÈNE THERMAL SPRING WATER {REVIEW}





This seems to be the perfect time of the year to tell you how much I am loving the 
Thermal Spring Water Spray from the French brand Avène
This French face,body and suncare brand is a familiar sight on the shelves of pharmacies in France and Europe,
 but relatively new to us here in South Africa, as it was only launched, in the early part of 2015,exclusively to Clicks
(Since 2016 available at selected Dischems countrywide)

This lovely video introduces you to the Avène story.




The star product in the Eau Thermale Avène range is the 
Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water and I believe one is sold every
10 seconds, which just goes to prove how loved this product is around the world.


Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray 150mls R169.95

Natural Spring Water sprays for use on the skin are by no means a new discovery and overseas you will find a larger selection available, unlike South Africa, which actually amazes me as this type of product suits our climate and lifestyle perfectly.


Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray is particularly recommended for sensitive, hypersensitive, intolerent, 
allergic or irritated skin.
It not only hydrates, soothes and comforts the skin, but it cools and refreshes, especially if you keep the spray in the fridge. Great to calm the skin and reduce redness and it can be a great asset for use after facial surgery, shaving, waxing, sunburn and can even be safely used on nappy rash.
My spray has been reached for on so many occassions during the holidays, as I just love to spritz my face during the hot days and this anti-irritating product won't interfere with my SPF or disturb my make-up. I have even got into the habit of doing a quick spritz post make-up.

Many years ago when I was training to be a beauty therapist in the UK we were encouraged to have weekend jobs in salons. I worked for a couple of years in a busy salon that also had a sunbed. 
In the beginning my job was to clean down the sunbed, straighten the cubicle and explain to the clients the do's and don'ts and set the timer for their session to begin. 
One nice touch that was available in the cubicle was a very large pink can of Evian Water Facial Spray and a bottle of Clarins "Corps Soyeux" (as it was called in those days) and I would encourage clients to spray the Evian, if they felt hot and to use the body lotion after their sunbed session,
Oh my how things have changed.

This was my first introduction to Clarins and Evian and my first chance to sell...and guess what I was really good at it, selling the smaller Evians' for handbag and home use and the Clarins Body Lotion for maintaining that tan, it was for me an easy "add on" to the clients sunbed course, as they were both wonderful beneficial products.

Evian is just one of the many brands of natural facial water sprays available overseas and as you can see even 30 years ago these types of facial sprays formed part of a good skincare routine for many in the UK and Europe, but unfortunately not here in South Africa hence the limited selection available.
 For many years, even after moving to South Africa I continued to use the French Evian Spray, which was available in South Africa and then sadly it disappeared off the market, so personally I'm very happy to have discovered the 

Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray!

I will also be reviewing three more Avène skincare products in the near future.










No comments:

Post a Comment