8 December 2020

JO MALONE LONDON WOOD SAGE & SEA SALT COLOGNE {REVIEW}

Who doesn't love JO MALONE LONDON, I adore
the whole Georgian London Townhouse vibe along with the now iconic 
luxe cream boxes with black ribbon, yet
despite having a huge selection of fragrances to choose from I, personally, have 
really struggled over the years to find a scent to fall in love with.




Having spent many years dealing with the marketing of fragrances, I
find that I'm really under whelmed by so many and impressed by so few.
Perhaps what I'm trying to say is, I'm picky when it comes to fragrance.

Not having a Jo Malone boutique in KZN I often made a bee-line for
the counters in Duty Free and the boutiques on my travels, but sadly
I just couldn't find THE ONE.

That was until a couple of years ago when I discovered one of my
all time fave fragrances ever...Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne.
There's a back story to this fragrance, as I dismissed it from the onset
of my search, due to the name and I convinced myself that I wouldn't
be the ONE for me, so didn't even give it a spritz.
How wrong I was, as it proved to be THE ONE and was my first 
Jo Malone fragrance.


Recently I found my 2nd Jo Malone scent in the form of
Wood Sage & Sea Salt
and dare I admit to this, but again I dismissed it, as I really didn't
think I would like it due to the ingredients.
How could I make the same mistake twice, so in future even if I don't like 
the name of a fragrance I will try it first and hopefully I'll discover some
new fragrance likes.




Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne arrived on the fragrance scene in September 2014 accompanied with a perfumed body care collection. 
 Complex Ingredients include ambrette seed, sea salt and sage, along with red algae and grapefruit. Sea air is mixed with salty and mineral texture of sand and stones and the scent of driftwood adds a natural and fresh sophistication.

Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne was created with the intention to evoke the
 feeling of pleasure, freedom and escape into nature, inspired by the unique character 
and quality of British beach. 
As with many Jo Malone fragrances, fragrance pairing is encouraged
 and this fragrance can be mixed with
 Lime Basil & Mandarin or Nectarine Blossom & Honey eau de cologne.




As I always say fragrance is a very personal choice and that's why it's so
important to try on your skin to see how it develops and finally settles.
I personally buy the smallest size initially, generally 30ml and then move
 onto to purchase the more economical 50ml or 100ml sizes.

Both the Earl Grey & Cucumber and the Wood Sage & Sea Salt are lighter
Citrus/Woody/Aromatic fragrances and for me are ideal for daily Summer wear.
Both are unisex and my hubby also is partial to a spritz of
Wood Sage & Sea Salt...

It's taken me several years of perseverance with Jo Malone fragrances, 
but I feel the wait was worth it, as I Love both of my choices.




JO MALONE
WOOD SAGE & SEA SALT
COLOGNE


30ML/100ML


R
995/2100


£
50/100


$
72/142



Please let me know in the comments below as to which are your favourite
Jo Malone scents.




No comments:

Post a Comment