3 October 2014

CLARINS 3 DOT LINER {REVIEW}



I was sent the press release on this product some time ago and it immediately grabbed my attention, even though there are a couple of houses around with a similar type product..
I wanted to try this one from Clarins.
Unfortunately liquid eye liners and me aren't the best of friends, as liquid liners need a steady hand and a smooth wrinkle free eyelid in order to create that wonderful line, both of which I don't have,so eye pencils have always been my eyeliner of choice for many years. 
Following it's hugely successful launch, as a limited edition last year, the 3 Dot Liner is now a permanant product, much to the happiness of many. 


Clarins 3 Dot Liner


After a delay with the official launch date in South Africa I finally got my hands on this Clarins 3-Dot liner and as you can see from the picture above its comes as a sleek pen with a 3 pronged dot applicator. The idea is to dot the pen along the line of the eye lashes filling in between and creating a line of black that accentuates the eye, whilst giving the lashes a volumising effect.






It looks as easy as joining the dots, but was it as easy to master as it looked....initially I would say no, but as with most things in life "practice makes perfect" and whilst I am not yet perfect at using the 3-Dot liner I am becoming more proficient with each application. 
I am right handed and the application on my left eye is pretty good whilst my right always proves to be a little problematic with a few dots being higher than the rest. 
(Being in my 50's the skin on my eyelid isn't smooth making it more challenging than if my skin was in its 20's and 30's) 
This liner is a "stayer" as once applied it doesn't go anywhere until its time to remove.


Only available in Black at the moment and it is a "True" Black, I would love to see Clarins bring out the 3-Dot Liner in a black/grey or even a dark brown, which would be a little softer and more flattering for the more mature user like 
Moi.

I have a couple of helpful tips with regard to using the 3-Dot liner:

1. It will take a while to master application, so don't be discouraged, as practice will pay off.
2. Hold the pen at right angles to the eyelash line otherwise you end up with splodges of black rather than precise, small dots creating the line.
3. The thickness of the line, with practice, can be changed according to the way you angle the pen.
4. Have a Qtip dipped in eye make-up remover close at hand, as you will need it to quickly remove any messes made with the liner.(The liner fast drying on the skin making it difficult to remedy any errors)
5. Don't try to remove or smooth the line with your finger, as you will end up with panda eyes, which I did on several occasions.
6. Apply before your mascara or any eyeshadow as this enables you to see clearly your lash line.
7. Even though this product is not waterproof, I used my normal eye make-up remover to remove, it did require a soak and a few swipes with the cotton wool to remove.

I  really am enjoying my new found hobby of joining the black dots every morning and sadly I don't see a place for my eye pencils anymore....
So if you recognise some of the same problems with using liquid/pencil eyeliners then 
the Clarins 3 Dot Liner could just be your saviour.

Available from selected:

R250

www.woolworths.co.za
www.edgars.co.za
www.truworths.co.za
www.foschini.co.za









No comments:

Post a Comment