24 November 2014

DERMALOGICA ESSENTIAL CLEANSING SOLUTION {REVIEW}

My Dermalogica Gift


Some months back I received a  Birthday gift from Dermalogica and it wasn't even my birthday, they were celebrating 20th years of changing skins in South Africa by sending out these lovely presents.. 
I was very happy to be the recipient of their Essential Cleansing Solution. 
Now having a dry, mature skin I tend to use cleansing milks as opposed to soap type foaming cleansers that need to be rinsed with water. 
I was off on a trip to the UK and France soon after being gifted and upon further research I immediately realised that this would be a perfect product to take along.

The cleansing stage of any skincare routine is so important, whether it be in the morning or in the evening the skin must be a clean canvas before you apply any other treatment products.
I do wear foundation and make up, so a double cleanse is a daily "must" for me and always has been and whilst I normally use a cleansing milk or cream to double cleanse I decided that on my trip I would substitute my 2nd cleanse with the 
Dermalogica cleansing Solution
Dermalogica advocate the double cleanse method and make a Pre Cleanse product that is used prior to a prescribed 2nd cleanser, of which they have a several including some wipe options.

I am very aware of how much your skin attracts the dirt, grime and pollutants from the atmosphere especially in the bigger cities and how un balancing it can be to my normally well behaved skin. 
A couple of years ago I was horrified in London, as to how dirty my skin was at the end of each day, something I don't really experience in sunny, unpolluted Umhlanga.

Visiting Paris and several cities in the UK the Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution was really put to the test and I am happy to say "it passed with flying colours".
This "soap free" non foaming, rich, creamy cleanser gently lifts impurities from the skin and preps it for any products to follow.



R480 250mls


Moisturising Safflower Oil softens and conditions while invigorating extracts of Rosemary and Lemon refresh tired skin. Water-soluble, this soothing emulsion rinses off easily, leaving the skin clean, soft and supple. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colours. Its also good to know that every Dermalogica Cleanser is soap free, and pH-balanced to protect the skin's natural moisture barrier, which can be easily be stripped with harsh conventional soap type cleansers.

Thank you Dermalogica, as your gift to me kept my skin balanced and happy, in an otherwise potentially stressed phase, that being a hectic 3 weeks of travelling, over eating and drinking and being exposed to those nasty air pollutants.





2 comments:

  1. I NEED this because I love Dermalogica and I'm broke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this because my skin is very dry and as you put it mature. I desperately need a like Dermalogica!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete