6 June 2019

READY STEADY GLOW DAILY AHA TONIC (REVIEW)

Being a huge fan, for several years now, of the iconic PIXIE Glow Tonic 
(which I use once daily)
I felt somewhat of a Glow Tonic Traitor when REN announced back in 2018
 that they were launching in South Africa their 
Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic


Having used several products from REN before, its a brand that I enjoy, so I was hopeful that the Ready Steady Glow Daily would be a good replacement for the
PIXIE Glow Tonic, which by the way, just lives permanently on my UK shopping list.

Simply put this skin-resurfacing toner will exfoliate and brighten your complexion,

 Lactic Acid and Willow Bark extract work together to smooth, tone and help reduce the pore size, while Azelaic Acid will brighten and help to even out skin tone, so if
your skin is lacklustre, needing to get its glow on and some energy back, then this 
could be one for you to try.
I for one love incorporating this type of exfoliating toner into my daily skincare routine.

This product is recommended to be used by all skin types and used daily.

Just swipe onto a clean skin around the face and neck, but avoid the eye area
and then follow with your normal skincare regime.
The packaging of this product comes with the nifty press down pump making
dispensing life so much easier.




My experience:

 Unfortunately I've had a slight problem with this product, despite not having a sensitive skin and using the PIXIE Glow Tonic for so many years, I found the Ready Steady Glow Tonic to burn the skin around my nose and on the cheek area, which wasn't a good start.

I was only applying once a day, despite REN saying you can use 
morning and evening. I persevered for a couple of days and that initial burn settled to a tingle, which is normal and acceptable with this type of active product.
I did find some interesting advice that REN have regarding use on a sensitive skin:

"For sensitive skin, limit use to once or twice a week. 

Do not use alongside another exfoliator. 
A slight tingle is normal, but please discontinue use if you experience redness or burning. 
Not sure it is right for you but eager to try? 
Do a patch test beforehand in a less conspicuous area"


I have continued using in order to give the product a fair trial, but sadly this product just "didn't do it for me" it didn't get my "Glow On".
Personally I found it to be quite harsh on my skin and even after following with my usual night treatments, my skin felt dry and slightly uncomfortable, 
all of which I have never encountered with my PIXIE Glow Tonic.

So it seems that my PIXIE Glow Tonic will remain on my UK Shopping List for the 

foreseeable future...


REN
Ready Steady Glow 
Daily AHA Tonic

250ml


R
565

£
25



32


$
35


REN is available 
To read my full review on the PIXIE Glow Tonic
Click Here

To see all my previous REN reviews


REN is available in South Africa

and also at selected 
Woolworths & Clicks



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review. I was considering getting the Ren AHA tonic, but with a skin that is probably more sensitive with you, I am not going to chance it. I will have to find a way to get my hands on a bottle of the Pixie glow tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, maybe see if they have a sample to give you try at a REN counter, as I think you would be able to tell from the first application. It’s a pity as the REN is easier to obtain in SA but for me the Pixie Glow Tonic is the better one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will see if I can get a sample from REN.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review. Need to go try out their products soon.

    ReplyDelete