22 March 2018

QUICKIE PRODUCT REVIEWS {QPR} MARCH 2018


My last QPR post was way back on the 1st January, so I think this
post is long overdue
so here is my one for March...

This is the first time I have ever given a score of 0/10 for any of the 
products that I have reviewed on my QPR.
Let me start with the hugely disappointing item first...


~~~~~~

1.

Brand : Cala 
Product : Bamboo Fan Make-up Brush
Price : R59.95




I have been on the look out for sometime now for a Fan make-up brush for 
applying powder highlighter, but surprisingly they're not that easy to find.
 I spotted this one in Dischem and thought it's not expensive
 I'll give it a try, with hindsight Dischem is where I should have left it.
The natural bristles are soft, in fact their too soft making it difficult for
 the brush to pick up any product and then it's just as difficult to apply
 to the cheeks. 
The only good thing that I can say about this brush - it's a fantastic brush to 
clean away the dust between the keys on your keyboard.


Verdict : 0/10


~~~~~~


2.

Brand : L.O.V.
Product : LipAffair Colour & Care Lipstick Shade 530
Price : R209



L.O.V. Cosmetics can be found in Dischem and on Takealot and I've used
several of their products now and I enjoy this high end drugstore range.
I still rate their nail polishes as the longest wearing and I also rate this
LipAffair Colour & Care Lipstick.
It has a quality heavy feel in the hand and has a click and magnetic 
clasp release.
The formula glides on beautifully and is enriched with Kendi Oil and
 Hyaluronic acid, the pigment is good and on me I found it to be long wearing.
Definitely one to consider if you are looking for a new lipstick


Verdict : 9/10


~~~~~~


3.

Brand : HASK
Product : Blue Chamomile & Argan Oil Blonde Care Deep Conditioner 
50g
Price : R59.95





I actually knew nothing about this haircare brand and spotted quite and 
extensive range on the shelves in Clicks.
After a little research HASK is made in the USA and features exotic
oils and other unique ingredients from around the world
Free of: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten and drying alcohol.
Bring back your color clarity with Hask blue chamomile & argan oil 
blonde care deep conditioner. 
This light blue violet treatment helps neutralize unwanted yellow tones
 and reduce brassiness. 
Formulated with blue chamomile to help lighten and boost blonde tones 
and argan oil to help repair and protect coarse blonde hair, leaving you
 hair feeling soft and silky.
I found the 50g sachet enough to condition my hair for 4 applications,
so its pretty cost effective.


Verdict : 7/10




2 comments:

  1. Ah that brush.. Been there! I saw that NYX have a lovely thick fan brush, but it might be a bit big for applying highlight. I actually use the Real Techniques Setting Brush for my highlight, or a Dupe Factorie one that is a similar shape but denser. Works really well!

    I have often wondered how good those Hask mask sachets are. Definitely going to pick one up next time I'm in Clicks!

    https://sugarspiceblog.co.za/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's not mention the brush😂. I have bought a couple of the other HASK hair masks, but still to try..

      Delete