30 August 2014

DIOR ADDICT EAU DE TOILETTE {REVIEW}

Mention Christain Dior and the chances are the name will mean different things to different people...I automatically think of my favourite male fragrance Fahrenheit, as I worked for CD in South Africa back in 1988 when this great fragrance was launced.Others may conjure up visions of their favourite Dior lipstick or eyeshadow quartet, beautiful fashion, exquisite shoes, crafted handbags, jewellery and even a pair of sunglasses with the infamous CD logo on the arms. 
There is now doubt that this iconic fashion and fragrance house, 
which like to be now known as simply Dior, is synonymous with "Luxury"...
a little piece of this Dior "Luxury" can be purchased in its least expensive form for a few hundred rands, in the way of a lipstick, whilst many tens of thousands can be spent in the quest to own a piece of Dior "Haute Couture". 




On to more affordable "Dior" I have recently been wearing their latest fragrance addition,
Dior Addict Eau de Toilette and whilst we are discussing the price of how much it costs to own "something" Dior, this fragrance will set you back around,
 R895 for a 50ml spray
R1419 for the 100ml spray
which today is pretty much the norm for a luxury high end fragrance.

Addict Eau de Toilette is a new version of the Dior Addict Eau de Parfum fragrance launched in 2012, which was a reinterpretation of the original Addict launched in 2002. 
Having tried neither of its predecessors I cannot make any comparisons.

Classified by Dior as a woody/floral, I find it to lean more towards a fresh/floriental.
Its key ingredients are Jasmine, Sicilian Mandarin, Tunisian Neroli, Vanilla and Sandalwood. Initially I enjoyed the slightly "heady" Jasmin, as it was softened by the Mandarin and Neroli,
 yet on the dry down the Sandalwood and Vanilla came to the fore to give it a powdery soft fragrance, which I really enjoyed. 

However a softness in a fragrance can often lead to a quick fade, which is exactly what happened on my skin after a very short time, so several sprays throughout the day and night would be on the cards for me in order to keep enjoying this fragrance. 
This has prompted me to now try the Dior Addict Eau de Parfum as that may give me a longer linger that I require from a fragrance.

Let me know your opinions of this latest Dior fragrance and remember fragrance
 is a very personal thing!

Available from selected Woolworths, Edgars,Red Squares and Truworths countrywide.


No comments:

Post a Comment