4 October 2015

SUNDAY SAMPLE - L'OCCITANE AROMACHOLOGIE RADIANCE AND COLOUR CARE MASK


I was recently given a selection of hair care samples from L'Occitane and
in case you weren't aware they have, for some years now, created quite an extensive collection of hair care ranges to deal with most issues including: 

Repairing
Colour Protection 
Volumising
Anti-Dandruff 
and 
Body & Strength

Having used several of their hair products over the years, they originally consisted of 3 Essential Oils (Essential Oils are at the heart of all L'Occitane products and deliver a higher concentration of the plants specific benefits)
 However their newer hair care product offerings now have the inclusion of 2 more creating a combination of 5 Essential Oils.

I tried the nourishing Radiance and Colour Care Mask sample, which is aimed to help enhance and preserve the brilliance of colour-treated hair. Hair colour fade is a problem experienced by many and I feel particularly more so in summer, especially here in South Africa or any other sunny clime.

All the formula's combine 5 protective essential oils (geranium, rosemary, cedar, palmarosa and bergamot) with a protective grape seed extract to help prevent colour from fading while preserving its radiance. Its claimed that hair is left smoother, softer, shinier and easier to manage without being weighed down.

 Having always used serums and masks to counteract the damaging effects of many years of highlighting and colouring my hair, I recently put my hair on a "Detox", so I am particularly interested to see if this mask leaves my hair feeling weighed down or not.


(Unfortunately from the use of a sample only I will not be able to report on any long term colour fade protection)

I left the slightly fragranced, white, rich, creamy mask on my hair for the required 10 minutes post shampooing. Often it's at the rinse stage where I can usually feel whether the product is going to weigh my hair down or not, as for me it's all in the ease of rinsing and this mask was relatively quick and easy to rinse off.
After combing through I followed my usual routine of blow drying and straightened my hair, at this point I was wondering what was I going to report about, that was any different to many other hair masks that I have tried.
Once I had finished my styling all was revealed, as my hair felt not only smoother and hence softer, but had a radiance and shine that I can't say I have experienced before.
Another benefit was the volume that my hair had, which I can only put down to the fact that the individual shafts of the hair are not coated with the smoothing ingredients, as with many products out there that claim to smooth, soften and give shine.
Above all my hair didn't feel weighed down at all, so for me this was a success!

I recently did a review, which did weigh my hair down all in the pursuit of smoothness.

Expert Liss Ultime Review 

Despite being a little pricey at R450 but its a huge 200ml jar of Hair Mask, 
which would last me a long, long time.
This range does have a matching Shampoo and Conditioner, but check out more of the L'Occitane Hair Care products online

www.loccitane.co.za

Let me know if you have tried any of the L'Occitane hair products.





No comments:

Post a Comment