12 July 2020

DERMALOGICA NIGHTLY LIP TREATMENT {REVIEW}

Dermalogica's AGE smart system of products has been formulated to
Prevent, Treat and Reverse the visible signs of ageing.
Wrinkles, altered pigmentation and loss of skin tone are all associated with ageing
 skin and non more so than around the lip and mouth area.

For the past week I have managed to get around 4 applications out of a sample of 
Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment
 and despite not being able to do a full review of the product I am able to give
 some first impressions.
The lip area is somewhat of a neglected area in skin care and despite running my
 excess eye cream around my lips after application, I don't use a specific anti 
ageing lip product and it is something that's lacking in my routine.
I do use a lip exfoliator regularly, which does overlap onto the skin around
my lips and I exfoliate my face weekly, which again overlaps onto my lips, so on the
exfoliating front my lip and mouth area do get treatment along with 
lots of application of lip balm on a daily basis, so my lips and skin around are not neglected in any way.

That being said the Nightly Lip Treatment is a specific Anti-ageing product that works
to reduce the appearance of fine feather lines and wrinkles and I'm sure we are all
 aware of those regardless of our age.

Fortunately my lip area is in a relatively good condition, especially considering I'm 
a talker of note and always have been. I'm also fortunate that I don't smoke, as this can 
speed up the onset of both pigmentation and lines around the lips.

With age the skin experiences a loss of skin volume and the 
Nightly Lip Treatment 
formula claims to firm, hydrate and restore the skin both on and around the lips.
Skin elasticity is improved and the barrier function is restored.
The loss of skin volume is one area that I have noticed a change, as I've aged,
along with the appearance of several fines lines and a couple of
 much laugh lines around my mouth.

Nightly Lip Treatment from Dermalogica softens and hydrates overnight for a renewed appearance.Formulated with a sesame seed and Indian gentian extract blend, this lip treatment improves elasticity, while reducing the appearance of fine feather lines overnight. Vitamin-rich shea butter conditions and restores barrier function against the visible signs of aging.

After cleansing and toning, apply generously and massage nightly into the skin 
on and around the lip area.
The cooling metal tip will not only help with the nightly massage routine but will also control the amount dispensed, whilst keeping it application free from fingers
 and any possible contamination.

I recently wrote a post about skincare products that offer value for money
and I included the Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex
To read that post
 and the same product also 
made it onto My Top 6 Skincare Products 2017 list.
To read that post

The Nightly Lip Treatment is suitable for all skin types and is:
 Dermatologist Approved
Sulfate-FreeGluten-Free,Paraben-FreeCertified Cruelty-Free


Vegan, Phthalate-Free and Clean.
My first impressions:

As I've found with several other of the Dermalogica products a little really
does go a long way and this lip treatment is no exception.
The texture of the product is a gel/cream which I found to absorb quickly and
didn't leave any greasy feeling around the lips, yet it felt comfortable and nourishing.
The slight minty sensation was both pleasant and refreshing.

However you must understand that I cannot give a full review after 4 nights of application, but what I can say is, my lips and area around my mouth felt great, 
smooth and conditioned.
With regards to the lines, I could already see a slight
softening of some feathery fine lines and I have no doubt that with continued use
Dermaogica would deliver on all its promises.




DERMALOGICA
NIGHTLY LIP TREATMENT
10ml


R
1,100


$
38


£
47.50



To read my other Dermalogica Reviews
Click Here



No comments:

Post a Comment