16 December 2019

DERMACEUTIC DERMA DEFENSE DD CREAM (LIGHT)

Move over BB and CC creams its time to make way for the DD creams, yes we are slowly making our way through the alphabet and to give you a quick overview of what a DD stands for and what a DD cream does:
DD cream 
is a marketing term that stands for
 Dynamic Do-all 
or 
Daily Defense.
 The DD cream which is lighter than BB and CC creams, combines 
"the protection properties of a BB cream and the colour correcting properties
 of a CC cream." 
DD creams contain SPFanti-aging, and moisturizing ingredients.
A DD cream can be regarded as BB/CC hybrid with additional anti-aging property.
Not having reviewed a DD Cream before, but I am a lover of CC Creams I was keen to see exactly what this one from
the cosmeceutical brand DERMACEUTIC had to offer.
I was kindly sent the shade Light, as they do offer 2 shades Light and Medium.
Dermaceutic Derma Defense DD Cream with a light tint is a unique 
3-in-1 formulation. 
It contains a high SPF, with pigments that even out skin tone, covering imperfections while providing optimal hydration. 



Key ingredients include Xylitol which provides intense skin hydration, Pigments smooth the skins complexion making it more uniform in appearance, Licorice Extract protects against pigmentation and Vitamin E Ester is a powerful antioxidant that combats free radical damage. Mineral filters create a stable physical barrier against UVB and UVA rays.
Apply in the morning after cleansing on its own or over your daily moisturiser and throughout the day as needed.
Apply over the whole face, gentle working it into the skin to achieve total coverage and a smooth, even complexion.
As it is a physical sunscreen it provides immediate sun protection.
Recommended for all skin types.

I found that I had to experiment a couple of times until I could gauge exactly how much to apply, bearing in mind that I often have high humidity to deal with and any product that's too heavy or occlusive just doesn't work for my normal-dry mature skin.

The product is packaged with my favourite- a needle-point nozzle, so its easy to control the amount dispensed and provides less chance of contamination back into the product.
As always Dermaceutic’s high-performance products are paraben-and fragrance-free.
On paper this multi-tasking cream sounded like the perfect product for me to use
daily under my moisturiser or alone, especially as I live in a humid subtropical climate where the sun shines 320 days.
On those days where I'm pottering around the home and go "sans" make-up I found this product to be ideal, as it provided me with all that my skin needed i.e.
a high 50 SPF, hydration and surprisingly a rather flattering glow to my skin.

However the "Light" tint is hardly noticeable and I felt that the Medium would have possibly worked better for my skin tone.
Even though my preferred choice was to use alone, I did apply successfully both over a light moisturiser and even under a full face of make-up.

 This DD cream seems to have combined the benefits of a BB cream and a CC cream successfully both on paper and on the skin.





DERMACEUTIC
 Derma Defense 
DD Cream
40ml


R
520


To read my previous Reviews on DERMACEUTIC products


To find out more about DERMACEUTIC and stockists details Contact:


Jhb: +27 11 706 2518
Ctn: +27 21 556 4199

Dbn: +27 31 568 2640



No comments:

Post a Comment