3 June 2013

AFRICAN PRIDE MELROSE ARCH HOTEL {REVIEW}

This past weekend my hubby and I spent the weekend in Johannesburg and were fortunate enough to stay at the 5* African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg,South Africa.
I have actually stayed at this hotel before,shortly after it opened several years ago.
If you read my blog regularly you will know that I recently stayed at another African Pride Hotel, the Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa in Cape Town.
(It was the one that my hubby didn't like, as it was too 
" Blingy" and pink for him, so luckily this hotel got his nod of approval as its a little more "macho")




This luxurious hotel is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city". The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. 
Whether you are on business or on holiday, the Melrose Arch Hotel is centrally situated and is only 26 kms from OR Tambo International airport, and only a few kms from many of the major shopping Centres.
However, the Melrose Arch development itself, has some great shopping, restaurants and nightlife.



This "Hip" hotel offers all the usual amenities and services that you would expect from a 5* hotel. The hotel staff are, as you would expect, very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. 
All rooms are classed as Luxury and are larger than normal! Again mood lighting features in the bedroom, as it did at the Crystal Towers hotel. The spacious executive work station is well situated and comfy to work at, they also offer free Wi-fi and complimentary slippers, toiletries, tea, coffee, biscuits and a paper daily.


The "Welcome" goodies were very nice, but I do remember on my last visit having a bowl of Lindor chocolate balls, these have now been replaced by a bowl of oranges...mmm for your info and the African Pride Management... Lindor does it for me, oranges don't ! 

Large flat screen t.v, surround sound and a DVD library seems to be the norm, but my best "little" extra touch, was the two yellow rubber ducks that sit by every bath....Oh! And the candles in the bathroom were also a nice addition!






My only complaint is that most 5* hotels have double wash basins and this bathroom 
had only the one, which, with my husbands "basin hogging" tendencies...was a little annoying!


I also must make mention of the great pool area that allows you on those hot days or warm evenings, to enjoy a sun downer, whilst you sit at the table with your feet in the shallow water. Tented day beds are also another great feature. The pool area is dominated by these huge bucket planters, which I love. I must also give a big thumbs up for supplying their guests with a complimentary tube of SPF 15 sun cream.







Expect to pay 5* prices for all these little touches though!
 Visit their website for rates and any specials



No comments:

Post a Comment