16 May 2015

SMOOTH THOSE FEET



"Smooth Those Feet" 
will be a new series of posts where I will focus on foot exfoliating products or gadgets....yes, feet do need exfoliating and moisturising just like the rest of the body. 
The exfoliating stage is to me an important part of any pedicure, as you will know if you have been following my posts:

 "In Pursuit of the Perfect Pedicure"


Feet and toes are sometimes one of the most neglected areas of our anatomy and I'm sure we have all seen signs of cracked heals, callouses and various other signs of foot neglect standing in front of us in a queue for all to see in summer sandals.
Often it's not a pretty sight and it really need not be like that with a little home or salon foot care.

Just take a moment to think about what we put our feet through on a daily basis:

We expect them to bare our full body weight and carry us where we want to go, which can regularly be many kilometers, especially if you walk or run as a form of exercise, even a trip to my local Gateway Shopping Centre, can lead to a few kms walk from one end to the other.

Are you guilty of this next foot crime I know I have been on many occasions over the years.
We are continually squashing and coaxing our feet and tootsies into often I'll fitting shoes all in the pursuit of fashion.



 Gone are the days of measuring your feet and buying a correct fitting shoe, today we look at the style first and then proceed to make our feet fit the shoes.(Cinderella would have had more competition for the glass slipper today)





You may be wondering why I am not posting this in summer when our feet are most on show, especilly here in South Africa and the reason being is that caring for your feet should be an all year round affair and not just a quick fix before the summer hols.

In the months to come I will be reviewing various exfoliators, scrubs, creams and gadgets, which I hope will help to guide you in finding the right products to
 "Smooth Those Feet".



No comments:

Post a Comment