30 August 2012

BERRY BERRY NICE!



Strawberries have always been my "Best" for as long as I can remember.
In fact I love anything "Strawberry" obviously SD'S and Strawberry Tarts, but it really does goes far beyond that to include foods and drinks that have never seen a real Strawberry... Strawberry Milk Shakes, Strawberry Juices and ice creams..I only like Strawberry Jam and I will only eat the red fruit pastilles or any of the red sweeties in the packet for that matter.I make the perfect partner though to share a bag of sweeties with, as long as you don't want any of the red ones.....

Here are some interesting facts about the little red sensual heart shaped bud.
  • The Strawberry plant is a member of the Rose family


  • Strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C, folic acid and fibre. They are low in calories and Fat Free.. Just 8 strawberries provide 160% of the vitamin C you need for a whole day!
  • They are also full of flavonoids, which form part of the strawberry's red colour and are known to help reduce cholesterol !
  • The strawberry is not classified by botanists as a true berry !

  • Did you know strawberries can help whiten your teeth? The acids in the fruit help to remove stains !
Strawberries are the only fruit to have their seeds on the outside.Approx 200 !


  • In a test, subjects who ate nitrate rich foods like strawberries, before exercising burned 100 more calories than those who did not. THIS I LIKE!





     Why do I love Strawberries so much? Am I weird? 
Those that know me will no doubt say "Yes" to this question...
However respondents to a recent national USA survey labelled

Strawberry Lovers as: "health conscious, fun loving, intelligent and happy." 

Whilst Non Strawberry eaters were labelled as:"weird, boring, stuffy,picky fussy eaters who avoid healthy foods." 

There I have my answer.....

But that begs the question..which are you?...lol

By the way....Have you had your 8 Strawberries today?





The above facts were sourced from the Californian Strawberry Commission

No comments:

Post a Comment